Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Default Battery life awful.. Any ideas or help

Seriously since the 4.4.2 update the battery 🔋 life has progressively gotten worse... I cannot seem to figure out why.. I called Att tech support and got nowhere with them... Samsung is no better and are in left 👈 field when asking them questions... I know the note 4 is due to come out next month.. Any suggestions besides master resetting and getting an extended battery?

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: Battery life awful.. Any ideas or help

Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | T-Mobile Support
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | T-Mobile Support
    I tried that too and didn't make it any better... I even tried going to a Samsung experience shop to try and reflash the software and it didn't work..

Any problems with cell signal? Can you show us some battery stats? Charge up to 100%, then use it normally until it's down to 20-30%. Then show us

1. The main Settings/Battery screen.
    2. The full screen battery graph.
    3. The Screen category.
    4. The Cell Standby category.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Any problems with cell signal? Can you show us some battery stats? Charge up to 100%, then use it normally until it's down to 20-30%. Then show us

1. The main Settings/Battery screen.
    2. The full screen battery graph.
    3. The Screen category.
    4. The Cell Standby category.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    I can show you that after an hour and 8 minutes it shouldn't be draining as quick as it is... Its so aggravating it just drains while I'm at work and it's sitting there on my desk not even being used.. And it drains so fast...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life awful.. Any ideas or help-screenshot_2014-08-20-22-56-05.jpg   Battery life awful.. Any ideas or help-screenshot_2014-08-20-22-55-58.jpg  

You only have one bar on your cell signal strength indicator--it makes me wonder if poor signal is contributing to the drain. Anyway, it would still be helpful to see the overall battery consumption over an entire charge, as I described above. It's hard to really say anything about an hour of usage. Although I wonder why MyAT&T is using 6% of battery so far.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Because I was in my basement...when I took the photo 📷 dude... Cell signal 📶 is never an issue majority of the time

Have you done a full factory restore since getting kit Kat? That fixed mine and my buddys. Same issue.

Posted via Android Central App

turn off all background sync and disable wifi and mobile data when not in use, see if it helps.

Google is ninjia pushing its apps to be more active in the background, which is extremely annoying.
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3/ZTE OPEN C
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510/GTS 8.4
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Therealm80 View Post
    Have you done a full factory restore since getting kit Kat? That fixed mine and my buddys. Same issue.

Yes I have tried that as well... Didn't work

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Turn off the GPS and WIFI when you don't need them.
    I was not happy with the battery and went into settings and turned off a lot of crap bloat ware apps. That helped. Then I ordered a extended battery from zerolemon and have not had any issues I can go almost a full week and not charge me phone.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Extended battery is too big plus it doesn't fit my case

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Keep an eye on the ram usage... restart your phone once. . Check how much ram is being used. .

After a couple hours check how much ram is used again... it should not be more than the previous number plus maybe about 300 mb..unless u have 20 apps running in the background (6 or 7 apps is fine).. if it is then do a restart again..

Something about kitkat causes ram usage to shoot up due to frequent wake locks even if no apps are running. .

My experience

I decided to go with an extended battery. I am using the Zerolemon. Have been pleased. Now get 48 to 72 hours battery life on single charge. Key is to charge overnight and drain battery down. The only thing I dislike is it did make phone bulky and heavier. But I am a heavy user and feel trade off worth it.

Having the same problem till now. All the chargers i bought on ebay doesnt work after 2 months. The samsung charger is very expensive.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by chloeshotmom View Post
    Having the same problem till now. All the chargers i bought on ebay doesnt work after 2 months. The samsung charger is very expensive.
    I use a 3rd party charger off amazon and it didnt cause me any issues

Thanked by:

I used to use WiFi when at home, or mobile data when out and about, never both on at the same time. Somebody pointed out to me that, since I have unlimited data, there's no need to ever turn it off. It seems to me, however, that since I started keeping mobile data on even at home, with a strong WiFi signal, my battery charge went down precipitously. Could it be that always keeping both on at the same time is the culprit?