Android wear with the note 3

Armthah0meless

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm looking into getting an android wear watch in the near future and noticed most people use hangouts with the watches. I have two questions when it comes to this... One, can you use android wear to respond to a text on the messaging app or does it have to be hangouts? And also, as a separate issue, does anyone else have issues using hangouts with the note? I tried it but I wasn't getting any notifications on my lock screen and I don't like that. Am I missing something? I wouldn't mind using hangouts if it worked just like the messaging app when it comes to notifications. Thanks!

disneymagik

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Excellent question since I, too, am looking to get the gear with the Note 4. I haven't used hangouts for awhile but don't remember having had any trouble using it. I don't use stock messaging so this is something I'm going to have to look into also since I really don't care for the stock messaging app. I'll watch your thread closely and maybe we'll both find out!

lawalty

Oct 25, 2010
www.lloydwalty.com
I've used several text messaging app recently, and only the stock seems to be the only one that shows any unread messages on the lock screen. Also, any unread counts on the app icon. I know several sms apps have unread count widgets, however only the stock sms app shows on the lock screen and shows unread count on the icon.

It's because of how the stock sms app is interwoven in the Touchwiz launcher.

To show unread messages on the lockscreen, you would need to replace Touchwiz with a different rom. I don't think it would work with a launcher change out. Maybe.

disneymagik

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I use Go SMS Pro with Go Notifier and Go Launcher/Locker and I get the number of missed calls and unread messages on my lock screen. Also on my icon as well.