AT&T Double Data for Life

disneymagik

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Now that AT&T is offering double the data for plans with 15G or higher through 10/31, is anyone planning on taking advantage of it, esp with the Note 4 coming?
We have 10G and have gone over so we will def be moving up to the 15G tier and get 30G a month. As long as we don't change it, it's ours for good. That's a whole Lotta data! No more worrying about overrages!

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I upped my 30GB mobile share plan that a few times went over by a gig or two. My mobile share plan now has 60GB and will now look into streaming Netflix. You must call AT&T in order to make the change. It is not automatic. Awesome promotion.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the 10gb. I called AT&T and said I was switching to TMobile because they had the 20gb for the same price as my 10gb and I got upgraded to 20gb for free for life. Just letting you know.

PurseCrayons

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I had our plan switched from the 10G to the 15G to get the 30G & won't be changing it! That gives my 5 lines 6G of data each! Lol Thanks for letting me know about the I'm going to TMobile for their data & AT&T upgraded for free! When I called AT&T to switch my data plan the customer service person said she couldn't switch it I had to do it on the app, & I won't see in prorated charges! Well there's a $45 change I wasn't expecting, so hubby will call & complain since bill is in his name! Normally they take stuff like that off for him & not me! Lol

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I also had my 10gb plan doubled and my wife went into a store and they talked her into the 15 gb plan and said it was same price which was a lie and now they wont give me old plan back :-(

Posted via the Android Central App

unknownuser02

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I tried threatening to go to t-mobile, and they upped me to 15gb from 10gb for free. I asked for 20gb, but they said 15gb was the best they could do.

Posted via Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I changed to the 15GB plan that in turn gave me 30GBs. For two lines, that's basically unlimited for me. No need to even explore T-mobile now.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Double Data for Life

10gb plan is $100 then $15 per line.
So $130 plus tax.

Until you upgrade and then there is a monthly charge of $25 a month, per line you upgrade.

With the share plans, no more upgrading for the cheap price with just a two year contract. You pay $25 a month for 2 years, which is $600 total (per line you uograde) to get the "new contract, upgrade" price.

Verizon charges you that per month for the first two years, after that, they let you pay the $199, $299 or whatever the phone price is and just extend the contract. They also pay you $150 for each line you transfer (in contract or not).

I'm considering now switching to Verizon. AT&T is doing away with the contract benefits that used to be there, so why have a contract with them?

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Until you upgrade and then there is a monthly charge of $25 a month, per line you upgrade.

With the share plans, no more upgrading for the cheap price with just a two year contract. You pay $25 a month for 2 years, which is $600 total (per line you uograde) to get the "new contract, upgrade" price.

Verizon charges you that per month for the first two years, after that, they let you pay the $199, $299 or whatever the phone price is and just extend the contract. They also pay you $150 for each line you transfer (in contract or not).

I'm considering now switching to Verizon. AT&T is doing away with the contract benefits that used to be there, so why have a contract with them?

I'm on an older 2yr family contract plan and was interested in getting one of these unlimited talk/text pick your data plans that might match what we have currently (price wise) but didn't see any way it could happen. After going in to my local AT&T store and speaking to a rep for about 15 minutes who swore they could do it found out they had nothing that could benefit me. They were confused about their plans so I spoke to a Best Buy rep a few days later who explained better than AT&T and told me to stick with what I had or I'd be paying more per month. I too have been toying with idea of Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Mobile share is not a 2 year contract plan. The savings come from bringing your own device. The next program really is not that bad and in most cases its cheaper in the long run.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mobile share is not a 2 year contract plan. The savings come from bringing your own device. The next program really is not that bad and in most cases its cheaper in the long run.

Yes it is a contract plan also, you don't always bring your device with mobile share. I just extended one contract on the plan when I upgraded less than two weeks ago, another one when we upgraded 6 months ago, a third one when we upgraded last December. None of these were through Next, but contract update because the phones were on special.

We bought special deals and you can either do Next or a contract extension with the mobile share plan.

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Ya i get you can do a contract but its almost never a good deal unless you get a $600+ phone and dont have to pay any extra on it. But every $650 phone usually has $100-$150 off the bat plus the activation fee.

Last edited: