touch going crazy when receiving text/calls

ecchigo

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I got a 2 month old AT&T Note 3 my parents sent me from the States. I noticed for a couple of days now when i turn on the screen after I receive a text or a call, the touch screen seems to go crazy. I've had it set on a password/pin so thankfully it's only going crazy in that screen. I got no choice but to restart or turn it off. I haven't received a text/call while i'm using it so not sure yet if it only happens while it's asleep. Any idea what's wrong? Is this a virus or something? Or my phone is defective? Thanks :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you were in the states, I'd advise that you bring it in to an AT&T Device Support Center. Having received a text or voice call shouldn't have anything to do with the lock screen or the touchscreen. (If it were only on voice calls, I'd suspect a flaky proximity detector.) You may have to ship it back to your parents and have them bring it in. (Unless it's something simple, like a setting or deleting some known-bad app, they'll probably factory reset the phone then either fix it or replace it. In any case, make sure that all your contacts are Google contacts, and that everything you don't eant to lose is backed up (which you should always be doing even if the phone is working - App Backup & Restore and Helium are both free - the first for the apps, the second for the data. Or you could use Heliumn for both, but I find AB&R a bit faster.)

ecchigo

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Yeah would probably just have to ship it back. Will try a factory reset first. And no problem with the backup... hardly have anything in it. Last I've installed before this happened was PSSPP. And it started a week after i installed so I doubt it has anything to do with it.

And this thing happens when i receive a text or a missed call. I thought it happens too whenever i receive a call.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I had this happen while the phone was plugged in only. It was an ungrounded outlet or bad charging cord.

Posted via Android Central App

ecchigo

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Ah sorry forgot to reply here again. I found the problem. It was the case (flip type) I was using. Now my only problem is the occasional hangs/reboots...