Group messaging problems!!!!

reggieba

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have seen several posts concerning group messaging issues. I have unregistered my old iPhone for a year now. My friends do not have my contact set up for iMessaging. I have reviewed the settings on my phone. I have tried different apps. I have restored the phone. Nothing has resolved the problem. I have friends from whom I received texts in a group chat in the past, but now I don't receive the group text from them. After the latest upgrade, the group messaging problem has worsened. (The latest upgrade has caused other issues, but one at a time)

I have spent hours on the phone with AT&T. An AT&T rep controlled my phone as I sent a group message and I received no response. We can chat one on one, but as a group chat, I do not receive the message. WHAT IS THE RESOLUTION??? Do I have to go back to the iPhone in order to have group chats? Is this an AT&T problem or an issue with the device itself?

Can anyone assist?

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm assuming you're using the stock messenger program. Have you tried using a different messaging program to see if the problem persists? Like hangouts, what'sapp, etc. Even if group messaging isn't working you should receive all texts regardless of if the sender sent the same text to others as well (group text). If you're not receiving any texts then there is a major issue.

Posted via Android Central App

reggieba

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Mike. I was using the "stock" messenger. I switched to Textra and the problem continues. I can send group messages, but I do not receive messages from certain members of the group. As I search online, I see volumes of messages concerning the same issue. Is there a resolution?

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Mike. I was using the "stock" messenger. I switched to Textra and the problem continues. I can send group messages, but I do not receive messages from certain members of the group. As I search online, I see volumes of messages concerning the same issue. Is there a resolution?

Grasping at straws here... My wife and I both had Iphones at one time. I got disgusted with iPhone at the last upgrade i went with the Note 3, while she stayed with the IPhone. We had the same problem. I did the same thing. Deleted my iPhone stuff and it started working for everyone BUT my wife. (please, no wise cracks) Try this. Contact your friends and have them delete your contact totally from their phone. Contacts, group messaging lists, any reference to you or your number. Then have them add your contact information back in. It took a few days before I could start receiving text messages from my wife again. Couldn't hurt. They might be still trying to send to an iPhone account.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers