Prevent receipt of sms so msgs don't come off my plan

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
There are a gazillion posts on the Internet and in androidcentral about sms blocking, but I can't find anything about whether or not the messages are actually blocked from receipt or, if they are still received, but blocked from view. I have a limited texting plan and I don't want to change it, but I need to block texts from being received in order to avoid going over my plan. I refuse to pay $25 more per month just so I can text.

Anyone? I've emailed a dev of one sms blocking app, but haven't heard back.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

ps. In trying to add tags to this post for future searches, I received this error message. --->> You do not have permission to create tags. You may only use existing tags.<<-- ???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would ask your carrier if you're charged for the text once you've sent it, or only once the recipient has received it. I'm guessing it's the former.

Not sure about the tags question--I've never used that before!

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I would ask your carrier if you're charged for the text once you've sent it, or only once the recipient has received it. I'm guessing it's the former.

Not sure about the tags question--I've never used that before!

Thank you B. Diddy. I'm trying to stop receiving text msgs. AT&T charges both ways.

Do sms blockers actually prevent the receipt of sms messages so that they don't count against my text plan, or does the phone still receive them but block them from view?

Thanks.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
You have three choices: Some, no, or unlimited texting. AT&T has some phones that will block texts, but there really is no middle-ground for you to occupy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463