AT&T good news?!!?

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Read this on XDA!

Hey guys, AT&T employee here. The other thread ran on so long that I thought I'd share what I've found out from my higher ups.

Preorders will start shipping the 23rd, however the S4s are officially on back order, at least in my market (Georgia-Carolinas). This is why it is showing the 30th as that is what at&t has predicted to be a worst case scenario.

Preordering is on a first come first serve basis, HOWEVER this basis is market dependent, meaning that someone from another market may have ordered after you may get it before you. Markets range in size and availability greatly. For instance, my market encompasses North and South Carolina along with Georgia, whilst there are markets for areas as a small as Dallas Texas. I have no way of checking to see if other markets are on backorder.

Since the phone will release in stores the 26th, though some stores with back orders may not have them until later, I do not recommend canceling your preorder to get one in store. Most stores will receive small initial shipments that will run out quickly (all of our stores locally have ran out of HTC ones, so I can only imagine how the s4 will sell). So I do not recommend canceling your preorder to get one in store potentially earlier unless you can wait at opening for the store to open that has confirmed it will have phones available on that day. Pre-orders will be fulfilled before store needs, so know that you will be taken care of before customers that haven't.

If you have any questions let me know!

YAY

source here

stringbeanie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
It's going to be a long 2-3 months. Pretty lame for it to take that long to get a reasonable size storage. It would be a different story if they didn't disable running apps off the card :/

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
No time soon, probably 2-3 months

If true that is very disappointing news to me. The only info I got from AT&T CS was May/June time frame so if it goes much longer than May, I have to reconsider a lot of things, like buying a cheap smartphone off of eBay while I wait for AT&T to get the 32GB. I can't wait 2-3 months or longer.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
If true that is very disappointing news to me. The only info I got from AT&T CS was May/June time frame so if it goes much longer than May, I have to reconsider a lot of things, like buying a cheap smartphone off of eBay while I wait for AT&T to get the 32GB. I can't wait 2-3 months or longer.

Yikes, I was hoping the 32GB would be out soon too.. not another 2-3 months longer..

I don't want to buy another phone, but I may have to.. hopefully anyone from AT&T can confirm this?

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Please dont believe the 2-3 month crap. Made up nonsense, none of which can be confirmed.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
We can only hope its only 2-3 months. When the Note II was announced, it was also announced with 32 and 64GB versions which NEVER saw the light of day! Hopefully Samsung doesn't do it again with the S4. Hate to say it but Samsung really dropped the ball with releasing a 16GB version of this phone. 32 should have been the standard with 64 as an upgrade.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting ready to purchase the Note 2 instead of the S4.

I'm waiting on Verizon to start selling the S4 and the 32GB. :-\

Yep, that's what I did a month ago. I knew this kind of crap was going to happen and I wanted the best available now rather than having to wait an indeterminate amount of time.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
We can only hope its only 2-3 months. When the Note II was announced, it was also announced with 32 and 64GB versions which NEVER saw the light of day! Hopefully Samsung doesn't do it again with the S4. Hate to say it but Samsung really dropped the ball with releasing a 16GB version of this phone. 32 should have been the standard with 64 as an upgrade.

I think that was more a carrier decision not to offer the 32GB version of the GN2 in the US. The GN2 was priced higher than the GS3 and adding the cost to 32GB would have pushed it higher than most would want IMO.

But hopefully we it doesn't take much beyond May if that.