1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile [SOLVED] [AT&T]Should I return it?

Should I return my Galaxy S4 for a replacement/new one?

I posted my issues here: Distorted videos on certain apps?

Which seems like no one is having that same problem as me. As well as my Friend who also has the S4, is not experiencing the green distorted videos with that app..

and also My phone has rebooted itself and crashed twice.. the battery life otherwise is amazing so I can't complain there..

should I just get a replacement (new) one? or wait it out (for an update)? I confirmed the store I got it from has it in stock, but i'd have to act quickly..

I don't know if it's software related or not.. the instagram had an update, but still has that green screen problem (that I see a few others having too)..

ETA: I ended up returning and swapping it for a brand new one.. downloaded the Keek & Instagram apps and it definitely is just software... but no more crashing and sluggishness - so i'm a happy camper now! will just have to wait for an update!
    Last edited by FitMomXtine; 05-03-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Should I return it?

Can't hurt to exchange it and see if it solves your issues.
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    Can't hurt to exchange it and see if it solves your issues.
    And I guess if it doesn't that would mean it would be the App itself? But I guess i'll exchange it youre right it doesn't hurt..and hopefully that'll fix it crashing/rebooting..and it doesn't hurt to get a shiny brand new S4

Is it distorted only from the app? Or does it distort also when u play it in the Samsung Video player
    That app might be compressing the video in a weird way...I think its the app...you should email the app developer about it
    I doubt its the phone
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Is it distorted only from the app? Or does it distort also when u play it in the Samsung Video player
    That app might be compressing the video in a weird way...I think its the app...you should email the app developer about it
    I doubt its the phone
    It's just the app, I have already e-mailed them and they said they'd look into it.

But the crashing and rebooting was a separate issue that happened not related to any apps. I was just on the home screen and it rebooted itself.. so when it went back to the homescreen, I clicked on the messages and it crashed and rebooted again.. I did factory reset and it hasn't done it yet, but i noticed it get kind of laggy (which has not happened to me with this before)

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Sound more like a application causing the issue. Have you installed anything after the Factory Reset?
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Sound more like a application causing the issue. Have you installed anything after the Factory Reset?
    Just the same app (Keek) because the guy at best buy (where I got the phone) told me to do that to see if there was any other app conflicting or making it do that..

So after the reset, the only app I originally installed was Keek and it was still doing it.. so then I just installed instagram to see if that would change.. but also didn't (but i see for instagram others are having that issue)

but after factory resetting, my phone feels a little sluggish even with only keek and instagram installed.. (i left those two apps only in case I go back to show the best buy people/or if they do another factory reset)..

but I did that whole developer trick and change the settings for the transitions to .5 but it's a little slower than what it originally was like.. so that kind of bothers me. lol

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Bear with me as I do not use Keek. When you take video with Samsungs app does it work properly?Idoes sound like something could be wrong with the phone if you only installed Keek and you are experiencing severe lag.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Bear with me as I do not use Keek. When you take video with Samsungs app does it work properly?Idoes sound like something could be wrong with the phone if you only installed Keek and you are experiencing severe lag.
    No problem - (i'm quite new to keek myself LOL) but it does work properly (no distortion) but it's slow (like after I snap something and press the stop or pause button (or when taking pictures) it kind of keeps recording and the screen is blurred for like 5 seconds) then it has that loading thing swirling for another 5 seconds and then I can finally review it.

but before the factory reset it wasn't laggy/slow/sluggish at all so that's why i'm like what the heck happened.. and I only have those two installed (keek and instagram)

Have read the reviews for this app at google play ? The average rating is 3.8, ...3,282 people has giving this app 1 rating and the mayority is complaining about the same distortion, different color lines etc. So this should give you and idea of the problem that this app is having. If I was you I would get rid of it until they work out the bugs and maybe then your phone will stop being sluggish.... my opinion.