Do you guys think AT&T/Samsung fixed the 32GB version with the lag?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My 16GB version was returned because of this. The lag was so bad. The lockscreen almost always never worked. My phone had to be factory reset about 5 times. It started off great, then the more apps you would add, the worse the lag got. Others have reported exchanging their S4's for various reasons and reported absolutely no lag. Very early adapters could have been plagued by some defective hardware. Anyway, do you guys think the 32GB version will have lag?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My 16GB version was returned because of this. The lag was so bad. The lockscreen almost always never worked. My phone had to be factory reset about 5 times. It started off great, then the more apps you would add, the worse the lag got. Others have reported exchanging their S4's for various reasons and reported absolutely no lag. Very early adapters could have been plagued by some defective hardware. Anyway, do you guys think the 32GB version will have lag?

I think it will still have lag, the lag has to do with how TouchWiz was built, not the phone itself. Samsung needs to do a full revamp on Touchwiz, start pushing out updates to fix it, or start using their Tizen OS

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
wow, samsung really needs to get their crap together and work on those transitions. Seriously lol, disabling that just made my phone 10 times faster. I was really disappointed in the phone, because the galaxy s3 seemed to blow it away in transitions. Seemed liike with the processing power it has, it should not be stuttering at all. I used an htc one my friend had and that thing blew it away in performance, I guess htc did mean it when they said they minimized all the fancy crap on their phones.

The update didn't really do anything about the lag, I think it is just in people's head that it fixed it. I thought the same for first hour or so.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Supposedly this fixes the lag.
Galaxy S4 Lag Fix Makes it 10 Times Faster!
Galaxy S4 Lag Fix Makes it 10 Times Faster! - YouTube

No that didn't work on my device. It still lagged even with the animations at 0.5x and no animations. The device had to be factory reset 5 times before I returned it. Gonna be picking up the 32GB this Friday. I think some devices are defective, because people have no lag.

I could barely unlock the device without it crashing/lagging/stuttering.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No that didn't work on my device. It still lagged even with the animations at 0.5x and no animations. The device had to be factory reset 5 times before I returned it. Gonna be picking up the 32GB this Friday. I think some devices are defective, because people have no lag.

I could barely unlock the device without it crashing/lagging/stuttering.

When you get the 32GB version, it's very possible you'll have to download the OTA update as opposed to it being shipped with the new build. When you get the phone, check the About Device section and see if your build number ends in "MDB" or "MDL". MDL is the latest software update for the AT&T Galaxy S4. The majority of users have reported that it fixes whatever issues they were experiencing with the animation stutters.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
When I traded my 16 for the 32 I had to install the update, which I did before installing anything else. I performed a factory reset, checked to make sure everything worked, then I installed my apps and set it up. Everything works just the way it is supposed to.

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I have an s4 16gig and its too late to trade mine in past the 14 days. Got the update and still laggy for me and sometimes heats up when in heavy use. Should I try to trade it in with the warranty or just go buy the 32gig one? If I do the above will a new device possibly fix those issues? Or should I wait for another update? And I did the developer options stuff already.
Thanks in advance.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my 32gig last night and i dont have a lag i even installed the update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Of course lag is subjective. I liked my 32GB S4 and did not install the update until the end of the second day and it performs equally well. Lots of animations and the lock screen effects etc so I removed them. The S4 performs as well and fast as any of my phones. It is a keeper!

Last edited:

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey Planoman,
Why do you believe lag is subjective. I think it is objective, at least everyone on this forum seems to object to it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol