Google calendar

Patrick Sawhill

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. I switched from an iPhone 4s (had iPhones for 3 years or more) to a galaxy 4s and overall I don't miss my iPhone at all. I am having one issue that I can't seem to fix though. When I add an event to the calendar, I get a message saying "google calendar cannot sync with samsung kies. Use my calendar to sync with kies.

Should I just ignore that? The items I add, do seem to sync with my google cal online so I don't know what I'd be missing if it doesn't sync with Kies. New to samsung so just want to check into it a little.
I only have my google calendar selected (on the list of calendar options). If anyone could let me know if there's something else I should be doing to fully utilize my phones capabilities, that'd be great.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I ignore it myself. It is just saying the Kies can't sync with Google. But if you use Google calendar anyway it does not matter. I tbe stock calendar app, you do have to always change the cale dar to save it to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is the calendar that comes on the phone Google calendar?

For the S3/S4 no. It is Samsungs, thus why it defaults to My calendar. I froze Sammys calendar go a 3rd party for interface and google for reminders.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara