Default Alarm for S4?

dragon0978

May 26, 2011
Visit site
OK, if this adds any context, I am switching from a Sprint S3, which is actually very similar (hardware and software-wise) to an AT&T S4. One weird thing I've noticed on my new phone, is, when I'm creating a new alarm (and I usually do that by hitting the voice icon on the Google Search Bar and saying, for example "set alarm for 5 minutes from now"), the default alarm is silent! I've discovered to make it actually make it sound with an alarm (or any sound for that matter), you have to go to clock to alarm and then adjust the setting individually for each alarm you want to set--and the default, as far as I can tell, cannot be changed from silent...this is very annoying to me as my old S3 did not have a silent default alarm (who in the hell would want that as the default???). Does anyone know how to change the default settings on the alarm???

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My Sprint Galaxy S3 uses the "Walk in the forest" alarm as the default. I have to manually change the alarm sound since the Walk in the forest sound is so soft I can't hear it.

dragon0978

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to do that for each separate alarm you wish to set or were you able to change any default settings? I believe I had that default on my Sprint S3 as well--but as quiet as it was, at least it made some sound!! (as opposed to being completely silent/mute which is how much current S4 is, which is very irritating in addition to being illogical--doesn't that defeat the purpose of having an alarm at all?)

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I can only comment on the S3 since I don't have an S4 yet. When I change the alarm sound when setting an alarm, that new sound becomes the default. However if I set an alarm using my voice (S-Voice or Google search using voice icon), that does not change the default sound.

It sucks but that's how my S3 works.

nausds

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I too have found the same issue when trying to set the alarm using S Voice. However, I believe I have found a decent workaround. I don't think it solves the snooze issue I read about but it does update the default alarm which you can barely hear. I like many hate the default ringers Samsung includes on their devices so I downloaded a free app called Old Phone Ringtone. It has 45 different old school ringtones and when you tap and hold the one you want after launching the app you can choose to make it your default ringtone.....but there is also an option to make it your alarm as well. So I tried it and it worked. With no alarms set up I launched S Voice and set the alarm for a certain time and sure enough the sound was the one I selected from the app, not the original default one. Hope this helps a little!

By the way, if you enable the voice command feature you can say 'Stop' to silence the alarm after it goes off but for some reason (even though it says it can) saying snooze doesn't seem to work. Try it for yourselves, maybe it's just an issue with mine.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01