1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Multiple Issues with Contacts

I just picked up S4's from AT&T for the wife and me and we are having issues with contacts. 1) Photos assigned to contacts don't pop up when receiving texts (they do pop up for calls) from anyone...except between us on our S4's. 2) When searching for a contact multiple entries come up for an individual (i.e. Dad mobile w/ photo, Dad mobile w/o photo, Dad email w/ photo, Dad email w/o photo) even though there is only one contact entry for 'Dad'. 3) Cant delete duplicate contacts from the SIM card after copying to 'device'.

Can anyone shed some light on this for us? Thanks a bunch!

Default Re: Multiple Issues with Contacts

I don't use the stock messaging app, so I'm not sure about that one. The multiple contacts is probably because you have contacts saved in multiple places, like Gmail (and Facebook, and other places). You can link them, so they get merged (on the phone, not anywhere else) into one contact entry.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Default Re: Multiple Issues with Contacts

I use Google to store all my contacts and it works fine. I had a few contacts that were different from FB that I merged. When you initiate a merge, make sure you do it from the contact with the picture and name you want.

For example: my wife uses her maiden name as her middle name on FB. I ended up with 2 contacts. I clicked on her contact from my Google account, then went - settings - merge. It uses the picture from Google and the name from Google. Had I merged from FB it would have worked in reverse.

Posted via Android Central App
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE