Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default At&t insurance replacing 32GB with a 16GB

So I had a 16GB SG4 I got on 5/1. I returned it and bought a 32GB phone when it came out and I got the At&t insurance on it. I ended up dropping the phone and the screen cracked. The phone still works it just has a ugly crack in the screen . I figured I might as well use my At&t insurance to get it replaced and low and behold they say it's on back order. So today I get a email saying they shipped me out a replacement 16GB phone for my 32GB phone.

I am pissed beyond words here, i feel like I'm flat out being cheated here. I would rather keep my broken 32GB phone rather then downgrade to a 16GB phone. Has any one had experience with the att warranty program, do i have to accept the replacement they send out if i find it unsatisfactory? I would have been fine waiting for a 32GB replacement, but they never even gave me the option they just sent out the 16GB replacement.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Default Re: At&t insurance replacing 32GB with a 16GB

I bought my last phone from BestBuy and got their insurance which they claim is way better but I do not trust any phone carrier or store insurance! The only insurance I trust is the Otterbox~!

I am just wondering like the rest did you even put up a fight? Did you call them talk to customer support tell them they sent you the wrong replacement? I would have raised it to higher levels of complaints as well... Call or write your local Business Burial as well file a complaint! They are supposed to replace your phone with the same phone new or refurbished which in your case was a 32GB version of the SG4 but if you just accepted the phone and got pissed why complain?? At least that's all you see when reading this post!

If you stay quiet, they will own you.

Sent from my SPH-L710
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well the phone arrived and it is indeed a 16GB model. It does appear to be a brand new phone though and not a refurbished phone. I'm now debating on weather I should raise hell and demand a 32GB which may end up being a refurbished phone instead of a new phone.

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

Call at&t. They may still have the 16 gb purchase registered on file, that is why you received that. Tells me that the insurance document may have been improperly filled out by the employee.

Have the serial number (ESN, if I remember) on hand when talking to customer service as well as any paperwork from the sale to back up your claim. They will be able to find the purchase in their system and act accordingly.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by GMJeff View Post
    Call at&t. They may still have the 16 gb purchase registered on file, that is why you received that. Tells me that the insurance document may have been improperly filled out by the employee.

Have the serial number (ESN, if I remember) on hand when talking to customer service as well as any paperwork from the sale to back up your claim. They will be able to find the purchase in their system and act accordingly.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.
    That seems like it may be the case, I just hope the error doesn't end up costing me. I bought the phone on 5/10 in store and the insurance myself online on 5/20. I'm going to call the insurance people when they open today.

Quote Originally Posted by androiduser9977 View Post
    Well the phone arrived and it is indeed a 16GB model. It does appear to be a brand new phone though and not a refurbished phone. I'm now debating on weather I should raise hell and demand a 32GB which may end up being a refurbished phone instead of a new phone.
    I doubt if there are any refurbished 32gb out there. The 32s are super new.

It'd call and complain. That's not right and that's not what they are supposed to do.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts

When I bought my S3 in blue I bought insurance and did the same as you, dropped it and broke the screen.They insisted on replacing it with a white. I didn't want a white, I wanted a blue. I complained bitterly and loudly. Made no difference, its in the fine print. They dont have to give you the same phone. The insurance company only "processes" the claims AT&T handles the phones. The white phone came from the same warehouse the blue one had. I complained to the Insurance Co. I complained to AT&T, AT&T offered me a $40 credit to buy another case to match the white phone. They asked if that made it right and I said NO, but if thats all I can do I'll take it. I ended up selling the white one and buying another blue one on ebay. Oh yeah, I cancelled the insurance. The "deductible" was as much as a new screen and I can watch you tube to figure out how to install it myself.

I'll never do the insurance again.

Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts

I can see them giving you a different color but not different storage capacity since there is a difference in price between the 16 gb and 32 gb. I would definitely contact them and see if they can send you a 32 gb phone since that is what you paid for. That would make me so mad.

I agree with everyone here.

DO NOT accept that. I think if it were a different color you would have to bend over and take it. But a different storage capacity is a different cost and that's unacceptable.

I would also turn down any credit they offer to the account. 32gb or nothing, because your contract is already extended you could never get a 32gb unless they make this right.

I would not accept it. If they wont give you a 32gb replacement or money equivalent see if they will send you your original phone back. Samsung will repair the screen for $200 exactly. My wife broke hers monday and samsung says they will fix it but they need 2 days to receive it, 5-7 to fix it and another 2 to send it back.