Profile Manager Help, Please

11HGrunt

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to an AT&T S4 from an HTC Inspire. First of all I am not super "Techy" and do not adapt well to change, and there are a ton of differences between the two phones.

On my Inspire I used Profile Manager for ring tones, vibration, wi-fi and so on. That worked great for me. I work in a job where I have my phone with me all of the time, however have to meet with people, conduct interviews, be in public places and so on with very short notice. I don't need one that works off GPS and a clock to automatically change my settings, I just would like to open the app on the desktop and click the profile I need at that moment. I have tried both Profile manager and My Profile. Neither seems to work on the S4 as it did on the Inspire.

My text message alerts (Audible) now seem to only work when I am on a phone call. I can not get them to work even with the profile manager apps deleted. I welcome any and all suggestions and help. I apologize if this is a dumb question for here... Old dogs and new tricks thing ;)

Thanks in advance

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have seen that a few highly downloaded apps for profiles in the marketplace do not work well with the S4.

It is possible that it is just how Samsung utilizes their audio system in the new devices, or it could be that the operating system is 4.2.2.

That could very well be the apps not working well with some of the APIs from the new OS. Some of those same apps also have users stating that they will not work on nexus devices, which are most of the time on the newest OS (4.2 or 4.3) as well.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995