Shiny Camera Ring

aweedman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Love the phone overall but the shiny metal ring around the camera is unbelievably cheap. The phone has only been in my pocket for a week and it's getting scratched up. The lens itself is fine. It would really be nice if Samsung would up their build quality as this isn't really acceptable.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I think that you are just seeing the Plastic that comes protecting the lens, if you don't know what I'm talking about, then that's your answer, just open the battery cover, put a piece of transparent tape over the lens, rub it a little and then peel it, you should see that the plastic will stick to the tape...Believe me, the plastic cover is there, you can barely notice when is in perfect condition, but in the condition you are describing, take a closer look and you will see it.

aweedman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Already took that off. It's the actual ring which must be plastic vs. metal to scratch up like this? The phone has only been in my pocket and not next to keys so nothing particularly abrasive has been near it. The lens and back cover are fine.

Murphys_Laws

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
False. I own an S4 purchased day of release. I still use it. The Metallic ring around the camera is just that, Metal. I just tried to scratch it with a knife and nothing happened to the ring. My knife point is now dulled, but thats besides the point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci