Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Bricked :(

    I apologize if this is the wrong section. Anyways..

    So I'm pretty new to Android. I attempted to flash ForceRom on my at&t galaxy s4, only to later find out it isn't compatible.
    My phone was stuck at the "system software not authorized by at&t...." screen.
    I did not make a backup before this, as I was waiting for my sd card and usb otg to come in the mail.

    So today, the usb otg came in the mail and I attempted to flash Omega rom. Why I didn't flash back to stock and make a back up, I'm not sure..
    Anyways, I was under the impression that this rom would be compatible. Either it's not, or I did something wrong.

    My s4 is now hard bricked, no vibrate, no boot screen, just a black, unresponsive, lifeless screen. :/
    I'm guessing my only options are to send it to a jtag service, or to use it as a nice expensive paperweight.

    Has anyone had any past luck with taking a bricked phone back to at&t for a replacement?
    I could claim "I have no idea what happened" but I doubt they would do anything. I do have insurance on it though if that helps..

    Any advice?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Bricked :(

    I would skip AT&T and just file a claim with insurance.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Bricked :(

    Whatever you do, be honest. That's the right way. Good luck at getting your device back the way it should be.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #4  
    Robes1NC's Avatar

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Re: Bricked :(

    Quote Originally Posted by newsman787 View Post
    Whatever you do, be honest. That's the right way. Good luck at getting your device back the way it should be.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

    Booooooo! You tell them whatever you have to! Lie if necessary! You don't wanna pay full price for another one!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Bricked :(

    Exactly what I was thinking lol. It's been less than 30 days since I bought it anyways, so they should give me a new one no questions asked, correct?
    If they want to charge me a ridiculous deductible should I just send it in to a jtag service?

    Also is there anything I can do to make absolutely sure it's hard bricked? I've tried several combinations of removing battery/sim/usb and trying to boot in recovery/download/ect
    It's completely unresponsive so I'm pretty sure it is hard bricked, but I just want to be sure
    Last edited by ThugNasty420; 05-31-2013 at 07:15 PM.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Bricked :(

    Quote Originally Posted by ThugNasty420 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking lol. It's been less than 30 days since I bought it anyways, so they should give me a new one no questions asked, correct?
    If they want to charge me a ridiculous deductible should I just send it in to a jtag service?

    Also is there anything I can do to make absolutely sure it's hard bricked? I've tried several combinations of removing battery/sim/usb and trying to boot in recovery/download/ect
    It's completely unresponsive so I'm pretty sure it is hard bricked, but I just want to be sure
    Please don't take this the wrong way. I am sitting here with a bricked tablet, so I feel your pain! What you did voided the warranty. Therefore you have no honest recourse through Samsung or AT&T. You could lie, but it is obviously not the right thing to do. Using insurance is actually considered insurance fraud since you intentionally damaged your device (I know you didn't really intentionally do it, but that's how they look at it). The time frame from when you bought your phone is irrelevant to what happened.

    Good luck in whatever you decide!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Bricked :(

    You tried to use odin to bring it back?

    sent from my galaxy s4
  8. #8  
    webbie2's Avatar

    Posts
    131 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.3

    Default Re: Bricked :(

    sorry man!. If you thinking about doing this again you have to make sure once you have recovery installed you need to back up your system. Once backed up just flash away. if you get stuck in boot leader you can just restore your back up. Did you patch the boot loader before you flashed your rom? I would try to flash the stock rom using odin!! Let me know if it works. again sorry about your luck.
    Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/CleanROM 1.5
    Kindle Fire HD 7/Rooted/Stock ROM
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Bricked :(

    I am running Omega V5 on my AT&T phone flawlessly
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Bricked :(

    Quote Originally Posted by ThugNasty420 View Post
    I apologize if this is the wrong section. Anyways..

    So I'm pretty new to Android. I attempted to flash ForceRom on my at&t galaxy s4, only to later find out it isn't compatible.
    My phone was stuck at the "system software not authorized by at&t...." screen.
    I did not make a backup before this, as I was waiting for my sd card and usb otg to come in the mail.

    So today, the usb otg came in the mail and I attempted to flash Omega rom. Why I didn't flash back to stock and make a back up, I'm not sure..
    Anyways, I was under the impression that this rom would be compatible. Either it's not, or I did something wrong.

    My s4 is now hard bricked, no vibrate, no boot screen, just a black, unresponsive, lifeless screen. :/
    I'm guessing my only options are to send it to a jtag service, or to use it as a nice expensive paperweight.

    Has anyone had any past luck with taking a bricked phone back to at&t for a replacement?
    I could claim "I have no idea what happened" but I doubt they would do anything. I do have insurance on it though if that helps..

    Any advice?
    Not sure if this will help but take a look at this thread

Similar Threads

  1. On bricking
    By Foxman in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 12:43 AM
  2. SH*T... it's bricked isn't it!?
    By mkashen in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 09:22 PM
  3. brick questioning
    By abocornwall in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 06:02 PM
  4. Bricked? Not sure what happened...
    By sfox in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 12:22 PM
  5. Bricked G1-Warranty Question
    By alex1080p#ac in forum T-Mobile G1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 05:08 PM

Posting Permissions

B