My Gallery freezes EVERY time I open it!

Pat Mace

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Highly disappointed in having to fix/find corrupt files that my NEW $600 phone is creating - But I guess I will take that up in therapy.

At first glance, all is well ? but when copying to PC ? all files (pic) are bad. Or at least won?t open. SO with this being said? is the phone saving the file incorrectly, is there a fix for this? Losing all new images :(

Did you find a resolve for this issue. Mine does the sames thing and I eventually gave up. I deleted the shortcut for the gallery. I downloaded an app called photofish. I would rather use the phones gallery but photo fish works pretty good. I know there are other gallery's but when I searched free gallery's it was the first that popped up. Oh... the phones gallery would work if I deleted all the pic but once I got over like 30 pics.....lock up.

Gambeino

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I found out the problem, the problem is one of the photos is corrupted. What you need to do is download the app quick pic, once opened you'll notice the picture or pictures that are corrupted won't even show a picture just a gray screen, deleted them. You should be able to open your gallery app now without it freezing, it worked for me!!

Amanda Crowe

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
i found out the problem, the problem is one of the photos is corrupted. What you need to do is download the app quick pic, once opened you'll notice the picture or pictures that are corrupted won't even show a picture just a gray screen, deleted them. You should be able to open your gallery app now without it freezing, it worked for me!!

this worked for me. Although i go through tmobile. But they couldn't help me either!! I was highly upset.
Is there any way to keep my phone from downloading (keeping) these corrupt pictures??

Dee Petty

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
you are spot on with the corrupt pic. thanku sooooo much you have saved me from going insane lol. i have a second hand samsung 2 and i love it, i just updated the OS last week, and it asked me if i wished to store my pics on the SD card, hell yes, so i did and all of a sudden it just wouldnt work..... it was driving me crazy, i just installed quickpics as well, but that didnt work, then i saw what you wrote and yup, it works like a treat now, woohoooo, thankyou............. now was just wondering if anyone can tell me how i can move the other pics i have on the phone to the SD card, as ive tried all different ways and i have no idea how to get my pics from the phone to the SD card, it also wont allow me to use the usb cord to move them from phone to pc, plz help i have ober 800 pics of my grandkids on the phone and i dont want to loose them, thanx

jadewolf3

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
My freezing just started today called samsung did cache clear and total reset and problem is still there. I think im screwed. Prob seems to be with gallery app. Maybe sd card. So mad Ready to go to apple if this can be fixed

Tara Bren

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you!!! This was the fix for me; downloading the app QuickPic and using it to find corrupted pic files and deleting them. Gallery is working perfectly now after months of frustration and a phone upgrade (for an unrelated problem). Wonderful! I can't see the orig post of the person who posted this fix -- I'm new to Android forum--, but whoever you are THANK YOU!

LILIAKU

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks ! It worked for me too, I took the card out, inserted it into an adapter and a card reader movedall the files from DCIM/Camera and got to two files that I couldn't move (got the message please remove the write protection) I managed to delete those with Shift Delete put it back in the phone and voila it works !

mampdx

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This is the second time that Gallery and Camera have frozen up on me because of a corrupted file -- this time a pair of screenshots, which the phone somehow took itself (when all I did was set it on the desk; really must decrease that screen sensitivity!). I could not get the pesky things deleted, no matter what I tried (they even froze up my PC). The first time this happened, I had to do a factory reset, which was a major PITA; nearly all my data was lost (photos, fortunately, were backed up to Google). I think I even tried QuickPic then, with no success. This time, however, it worked like a charm and I was finally able to get rid of the problem. Now if only I could rid myself of Gallery altogether!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton