1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lock Screen Freezes. are you having this issue?

i have had my GS4 for maybe 3 weeks now and for some reason once every 3 days the lock screen wont let me swipe to open it. i have to pull down the tab and go into settings. oddly enough, widgest on the screen work (like music) but JUST the lock wont unlock. is anyone having this issue? i have not seen any post about this on the internet, i would like to see who all is having this issue. i really dont want to send in my phone and get a refurbished one if its just a simple software glitch.

anything helps, Thanks.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Default Re: Lock Screen Freezes. are you having this issue?

I've had that problem too. I just restart it and it seems good to go for a bit. I'm not rooted. I've also noticed that the lock icon also shrinks instead of the icon being full size.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thats EXACTLY what happens. the lock icon gets super tiny and then i cant unlock it.
    beh

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

on my rooted 32GB S4 the lock screen will sometimes stall, that is swiping it will bring up a picture frame box on the lock screen instead of opening the lock screen. Simply swiping from some other part of the lock screen outside the picture frame opens the lock screen as normal. Doesn't always happen though so I am guessing the randomness indicates a software issue not a hardware issue.

Yes. Either I have to pull down the tab or restart. Anyone identify a fix yet?

I figured it out. If you swipe down on the lock screen (I've been doing it accidentally), the lock screen double locks and you can't swipe side to side to unlock it. In order to unlock the double lock, you have to swipe up and then swipe to the side. I hope that helps.
    Thanked by:
    beh 

I had the same thing happen to me I am not rooted what I did was get all lock screen widgets off the lock screen. That will for sure make the lock screen lag.
    iPad iPhone 4,4s,5,5s Nexus 7 (2013) Galaxy S4 Nexus 5 and so much more.....

I've been having this issue since the first day I got my S4, 3 months ago... Anyone found a fix yet?

I noticed the same issue. Fixed after I deleted the advance task manager/killer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    beh

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sqa4life View Post

I am standing here with a dumb look on my face. What exactly is "advance task manager/killer" and where is it located?
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467

I too have this issue. Restarting it seems to be the only short term solution I've discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by sqa4life View Post

This fixed my problem with not being able to unlock the screen after a quick lock, then unlock. Or after hanging up a call on Bluetooth, then trying to unlock the screen. You could swipe that sucker all you wanted, but it was not unlocking. Thank you!
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Quote Originally Posted by Jim New England View Post
    I figured it out. If you swipe down on the lock screen (I've been doing it accidentally), the lock screen double locks and you can't swipe side to side to unlock it. In order to unlock the double lock, you have to swipe up and then swipe to the side. I hope that helps.
    I think that's a totally separate issue from what others are reporting here...but to clarify, I believe when you swipe down from near the top, you are expanding the widget...now when you swipe or press in that area, you are interacting with the widget, not the lock screen. If you swipe it back up, it goes back to normal. I always thought this was missing some sort of "lock widgets" setting where you would no longer have to deal with this...

Anyways, I have had the lock screen freeze a few times - not common at all - but I found my way out of it by using the notification bar pulldown as others mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by calliethomson View Post
    I've been having this issue since the first day I got my S4, 3 months ago... Anyone found a fix yet?
    I have had people call and it won't let me answer. I'm unable to unlock my phone at least twice a day. I have had the phone sent in for repair. : (

Smile Re: Lock Screen Freezes. are you having this issue?

just deleted task manager/killer and everything works fine Thanks!

My brother would have the same problem with his S4 Active, he would have to double press the home key to get the screen to unlock by opening the Voice commands.