Why did YOU choose the S4 over every other device?

jerseykirby

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Like the title says, and this is strictly to get other's opinion on the device. Why they may think it's superior to other Android devices and so on. Also, tell us what you don't like about it. I apologize in advance if this has been brought up before. I am at work and time is limited. :)

sooner7

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
It's the best phone my carrier had available, and the ROM/development scene is only rivaled and beaten by the Nexus line of devices.

jcastilloalonso

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Removable battery and accessories. I love the HTC One, but just finding any accessories for any phone not made by Apple or Samsung is next to impossible.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
It is even more fun to screw with the mindless I-Sheep in Starbucks stores by using air gestures to check for emails and Texts than is the S3.:-*:-$

Last edited:

Phinsfan65

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
AT&T had a deal to get the Samsung 10.1 tablet when you get the S4.
They also knocked $100.00 off when I traded in my IPhone 4 with it.
I got all this for $300.00

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Removable Battery, SD card, and Camera features, and Exynos Processor

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!

NovaWiz

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I posted this in a why GS4 over HTC One thread, but it should apply here as well so pardon my copy and paste.

I have used the HTC One for 1 week before going back to ATT store and exchange for a GS4.

Reasons being:
1.I couldn't get enough details on the pictures I take with the One. Most of the photos I take are between 10am and noon somewhere outside, and that's where GS4's 13MP shines. HTC One's 4MP photos also look blurry on my 1440p screen(3.5MP).

2.The larger Screen(13% larger), I prefer AMOLED's more vibrant color as well. The darker black also looks better since I watch videos a lot in dark room or conditions(in a plane). HTC One's smaller screen looks even smaller when surrounded by the wide bezel around it.

3.HTC One's battery life is worse than GS4 from my experience(based on my usage model), most of my screen time are spent watching videos or reading ebooks(Google Play books have black background white text option) which is advantageous to an AMOLED display phone's battery life.

4. For $290 I can get a 16GB GS4, 64GB Samsung Micro SD card(10 year warranty, total of 68G Useable space) & A good case for my S4, while for $300 I can only get a HTC One 64GB(Total of about 55GB useable space). Since I need the media storage space for my 50G of video I watch+ Photos/Podcasts/eBooks(need those on the plane so cloud is no go). This is pretty much a no brainer.

5.I prefer GS4's Size(shorter/wider) and button layout(power button on the side instead of top).

Things I still miss from HTC One:

The dual front facing speaker(Samsung need to figure out a way to have this for their next phone, I suggest remove the physical home button and put a speaker there, then enable to ear speaker up top to work for media playback).

Truth be told both are great phones, it just happens GS4 is the better fit for my usage model thus the better phone for me.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Removable battery and accessories. I love the HTC One, but just finding any accessories for any phone not made by Apple or Samsung is next to impossible.

Sad but true. It's very discouraging trying to buy other great devices but they have a lack of accessories.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
When i was looking at the S4 and the htc one there was a lot i liked about the S4 when making comparisons to my daughters s3

1 The amoled screen has never been my favorite but the S4 really looks better than the S3 From a true blue lcd guy i do like the improvements Samsung made in this iteration of the S line
2 Screen size when compared to overall size has also been improved. For a near identical sized phone you get more screen to look at.
3 Sheer processing power. I didn't notice a huge difference over the S3 but the S3 was a very snappy phone in its own right.

I did notice a bit of stutter but nothing crazy like the huge lag stories i've read. The S4 (in my opinion) would be a nice upgrade if you're coming from the S3 but not at full price.
At the end of the day i did go with the HTC One but the Samsung S4 was a strong second

Sure Htc One and S4 owners bag on each other a bit in the forums. Partly for the fun in it lol and partly because we just really enjoy our devices. The S4 has a lot of reasons for people to want to buy it as does the One.... True story ;)

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
When i was looking at the S4 and the htc one there was a lot i liked about the S4 when making comparisons to my daughters s3

1 The amoled screen has never been my favorite but the S4 really looks better than the S3 From a true blue lcd guy i do like the improvements Samsung made in this iteration of the S line
2 Screen size when compared to overall size has also been improved. For a near identical sized phone you get more screen to look at.
3 Sheer processing power. I didn't notice a huge difference over the S3 but the S3 was a very snappy phone in its own right.

I did notice a bit of stutter but nothing crazy like the huge lag stories i've read. The S4 (in my opinion) would be a nice upgrade if you're coming from the S3 but not at full price.
At the end of the day i did go with the HTC One but the Samsung S4 was a strong second

Sure Htc One and S4 owners bag on each other a bit in the forums. Partly for the fun in it lol and partly because we just really enjoy our devices. The S4 has a lot of reasons for people to want to buy it as does the One.... True story ;)

I see you still can't quite grasp the meaning of the title of this thread. Especially the part about "Why did you YOU choose the S4..." I keep rereading the title but I can't even find a slight indication of the OP asking why did you choose something other than an S4. Care to explain why you feel it's important to answer a question that wasn't asked. Really curious as to how you would explain this.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I see you still can't quite grasp the meaning of the title of this thread. Especially the part about "Why did you YOU choose the S4..." I keep rereading the title but I can't even find a slight indication of the OP asking why did you choose something other than an S4. Care to explain why you feel it's important to answer a question that wasn't asked. Really curious as to how you would explain this.

And what does ur post have anything to do with the threads title?

So there's no reason for being snide to another for stating a reason on why he chose what he did and giving a reason why. Maybe it's to inform the poster of his opinion and give some insight to his reason whether it's what they want to hear it not.

So posting snide remarks to poster is not proper and ethical. So ur snide comments are not appreciated.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
And what does ur post have anything to do with the threads title?

So there's no reason for being snide to another for stating a reason on why he chose what he did and giving a reason why. Maybe it's to inform the poster of his opinion and give some insight to his reason whether it's what they want to hear it not.

So posting snide remarks to poster is not proper and ethical. So ur snide comments are not appreciated.

And you are involved in my question to ffejjj why?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
And you are involved in my question to ffejjj why?

Even though i didnt choose the S4 i still find it relevant to post what i found as positives about the S4 to someone who might be be looking at it. I'm not one of the ones that hate the S4 by no means. I simply posted what i thought were positives about the S4 over the S3

My post was not suggesting anyone to get the Htc One but rather that i did get The one and regardless of that there was a lot i did like about the S4

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Good long term support.
S-Calendar widget - love this feature
Toggles in notification screen.
Great quality phone.
Perfect size screen.
Removable battery.
Great camera.
Durable.

Overall this phone exceeds my expectations in every way. I had the Note II, but it was too big for me even though im a big guy. I like being able to hold my phone in one hand and type in one hand. Also had Droid DNA, but I had problems with PUC lock and Sim recognition, plus HTC is not a dependable company for long term support on their phones. Had the iPhone also, but ditched it cause the OS is so locked down and screen is too small, plus iOS is just old and boring.

I expect to use this phone for at least 2 years before I switch.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Even though i didnt choose the S4 i still find it relevant to post what i found as positives about the S4 to someone who might be be looking at it. I'm not one of the ones that hate the S4 by no means. I simply posted what i thought were positives about the S4 over the S3

My post was not suggesting anyone to get the Htc One but rather that i did get The one and regardless of that there was a lot i did like about the S4

Thank you for the reply. While I still think your post below doesn't match the intent of the OP I appreciate the intelligent and mature reply. You might want to tell They Stole My Name that you are capable of replying to post directed at you without his, um, spirited intervention. Jumping into a conversation to defend someone else shows little confidence in the defendee to stick up for him or her self. Again, thanks for the on-topic reply.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. While I still think your post below doesn't match the intent of the OP I appreciate the intelligent and mature reply. You might want to tell They Stole My Name that you are capable of replying to post directed at you without his, um, spirited intervention. Jumping into a conversation to defend someone else shows little confidence in the defendee to stick up for him or her self. Again, thanks for the on-topic reply.

It wasn't to defend him. It was to get through ur head that u consistently bash other ppls post with no intent to help the thread topic what's so ever. You make snide and rude comments to other ppl for what ever reason is unknown to me. U could just simply let it be and let the OP deal with what they said but yet u feel the need to state something that is unnecessary just to put someone down that U FEEL THEY DIDN'T MAKE A GOOD ENOUGH REPLY. So my self and probably most other ppl in would agree that if u would stop trolling the threads trying to prove ppl wrong and contribute it would be appreciated by everyone, instead if replying to everyone who u think didn't have a GOOD ENOUGH reply. Just let them be. u make the threads mire lengthy than they have to be.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I own an S4. One thing I haven't mentioned in threads like this before but is certainly a positive issue for the S4 is the resale value. The fact that the S4 has a removable battery will dispel fears of potential buyers about having to pay for an expensive battery replacement on a 2 or 3 year old phone that is without a removable battery, especially a phone that is next to impossible for the average user to take apart. When the cost of replacing a non-removable battery is factored in, a competitor like the HTC ONE is of lessor value to the second hand phone buyer than one where the battery is not an issue.