S4 Homescreen doesn't Rotate

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,
One of my buddies just got a AT&T Galaxy S4 and he changed his wallpaper to one he liked, not one of the ones that comes on the phone. I might add that he used a Wallpaper App to put it on his S4, so not sure if that makes a difference or not. We tried one of the Wallpapers that came on the phone and with either of the Wallpapers, the Home Screen Doesn't Rotate in Landscape View. Is there a setting we're missing to get the Home Screen to Rotate? I know about the possibilities of Changing launchers to do this. I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 and My custom Wallpaper and Home Screen Rotates using Nova Launcher Prime.
My Buddy is new to Smartphones and Android, So don't want to Overwhelm him with putting a different Launcher on his S4. He's just learning how to do the basic stuff so far. Just wondering if this is a Touchwiz thing or just something with the S4? He's also On 4.2.2, whereas I'm only on 4.1.2, so don't know if that makes a difference or not. Thanks in Advance.

bigcid10

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
S4 doesn't rotate home screen pictures, you need a application like Nova launcher to make them rotate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BluSkye218

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Is there some kind of program/app/something you can add/install to get the homescreen to rotate? I guess that makes sense that they made it so that it couldn't rotate to horizontal/landscape because of the background images being vertical - but I wouldn't mind if it looked weird, it just makes it easier to have it horizontal somtimes. Like if I'm in one app that I'm using horizontally, then I go back to the homescreen, it's annoying to have to rotate the phone itself to vertical in order to look for another app, then rotate it back to horizontal.

Also wondering, if it's not possible to get it to rotate to horizontal, is there at least a way to get it to completely rotate 180? so that it's still vertical, but the other way? I would like to do that because of where the charger & headphones plug in - when I'm at my desk, the charger cable is connected to my computer, so it would be nice for the phone to face the other way so that the headphone jack is now closest to me & the charger cable is closer to the computer.

Thanks for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995