S4 Incoming calls / texts & camera flash going off

jdubrr

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
just upgraded from S2 to S4 and love it so far, but what bugs me is that when I get a phone call or text the camera flash goes off as part of the alert. I tried searching the forum as well as youtube and can't find out how to disable it. It's pretty annoying!! How do I shut it off??

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Installed any 3rd party app called flash alert ? Or similer to this ? Search Google play Flash Alert and read about the app and you might have installed some 3rd party app like it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jdubrr

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
no I haven't installed anything like that. I searched my app tray and don't see anything that would be similar either. This feature isn't part of the factory hardware? any ideas on how to disable?

jdubrr

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, found it! for anyone that this option is turned on from the factory to turn it off:

Settings> my device > Accessibility > Flash notification!!

uofg2000

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. My Flash notification was not turned on yet I got the camera flash with email messages. I turned flash notification on, which then actually disabled me getting the camera flash, but also disabled my sound notification. I then unchecked Flash notification, which gave me my sound notification back, and looks to have stopped the camera flash from going off with every new email that came in. This also flashed when my alarm went off this morning, so I hope it fixes that.

hippocat

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to my friend after the update. I found this post and when I looked in options the box was not checked. I turned the function on, exited settings, went back into settings and turned it off. Now it is off as it should be. No more Camera flash. It says some warning about 'motion' but i never did anything with that. Hope it works for you.

Seayja

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
WOW! Thank you for showing me the light. :D My S3 just updated a few days ago and this disco flashing has been driving me crazy ever since.:'( :-\

Steph Horvath

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine was unchecked. I checked it then unchecked it then I called my phone from my land line and problem solved :)
Motion was on and is still on. I didn't bother with it.

mydroid4life

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, worked on my S3 and yes the checkbox was clear at first. I checked it, then unchecked it and turned off the phone.

Thank you again, glad to see people working together to solve this stuff:)

Lightontruthusa

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Outstanding, worked great. I really hate reading tons of crappy worthless answers some people know are crap but because they need to troll they give some dumb azz answer like "oh well did you install XYZ, yeah that's your problem"

And b4 you azzholes get a stick up your azzes to fire off some retort......if you don't have a useful technical answer SHUTUP! and save the rest of us the time of reading your garbage as u waste forum space. And I guarantee thoise same azzholes will be the ones giving the wiseazz answers to this post, mark my word. They can't resist trolling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad