Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default S4 Incoming calls / texts & camera flash going off

just upgraded from S2 to S4 and love it so far, but what bugs me is that when I get a phone call or text the camera flash goes off as part of the alert. I tried searching the forum as well as youtube and can't find out how to disable it. It's pretty annoying!! How do I shut it off??

Default Re: S4 Incoming calls / texts & camera flash going off

Installed any 3rd party app called flash alert ? Or similer to this ? Search Google play Flash Alert and read about the app and you might have installed some 3rd party app like it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

no I haven't installed anything like that. I searched my app tray and don't see anything that would be similar either. This feature isn't part of the factory hardware? any ideas on how to disable?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

OK, found it! for anyone that this option is turned on from the factory to turn it off:

Settings> my device > Accessibility > Flash notification!!
    Thanked by 2:

Thank you! This has been bugging me for days.

Thumbs up Re: S4 Incoming calls / texts & camera flash going off

i thank you also, experimenting with to many functions at the same time is a pain.

Thanks....this was annoying me too....finally its off!!

Thank you!!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdubrr View Post
    OK, found it! for anyone that this option is turned on from the factory to turn it off:

Settings> my device > Accessibility > Flash notification!!
    Good stuff! Thanks

Sent from where the wild things are.

Drat. That is disabled already on my GS3 but I'm still getting this camera flash for each call. bizarre. only started with 4.3

Make sure you turn motion off as well to make the flash stop when you receive an incoming call.

I had the same thing had to restart my phone... that worked

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Thanks for the tip. My Flash notification was not turned on yet I got the camera flash with email messages. I turned flash notification on, which then actually disabled me getting the camera flash, but also disabled my sound notification. I then unchecked Flash notification, which gave me my sound notification back, and looks to have stopped the camera flash from going off with every new email that came in. This also flashed when my alarm went off this morning, so I hope it fixes that.

Same thing happened to my friend after the update. I found this post and when I looked in options the box was not checked. I turned the function on, exited settings, went back into settings and turned it off. Now it is off as it should be. No more Camera flash. It says some warning about 'motion' but i never did anything with that. Hope it works for you.

Thumbs up Re: S4 Incoming calls / texts & camera flash going off

WOW! Thank you for showing me the light. My S3 just updated a few days ago and this disco flashing has been driving me crazy ever since.

Thanks.. that switch it on, then switch it off technique worked for me. I also then turned off Motion too.
    Paul

Mine was unchecked. I checked it then unchecked it then I called my phone from my land line and problem solved
    Motion was on and is still on. I didn't bother with it.

Thanks, worked on my S3 and yes the checkbox was clear at first. I checked it, then unchecked it and turned off the phone.

Thank you again, glad to see people working together to solve this stuff

Outstanding, worked great. I really hate reading tons of crappy worthless answers some people know are crap but because they need to troll they give some dumb azz answer like "oh well did you install XYZ, yeah that's your problem"

And b4 you azzholes get a stick up your azzes to fire off some retort......if you don't have a useful technical answer SHUTUP! and save the rest of us the time of reading your garbage as u waste forum space. And I guarantee thoise same azzholes will be the ones giving the wiseazz answers to this post, mark my word. They can't resist trolling.

Speaking of the update and annoying things beyond the dang flash.....has anyone noticed their Galaxy 3 running slow since the 4.3 update was installed?

Quote Originally Posted by devin chambers View Post
    Speaking of the update and annoying things beyond the dang flash.....has anyone noticed their Galaxy 3 running slow since the 4.3 update was installed?
    As with any upgrade, I recommend you do a full factory reset. It sucks to do, but that's the nature of the beast.

I can see a law suit coming out from this issue, or a slap across the face! Take my friend for instance. He had the same problem, and he is behind a women at the Coffee shop waiting in line with the phone up at his chest level checking out what ever web site! When all of a sudden he gets a text and his flash goes off!!.........Now guess what the girl in front of him is thinking?!?!?! Get where I'm going with this??

Smile Re: S4 Incoming calls / texts & camera flash going off

Hi there, yes I too saw that this was disabled, however I selected it anyway to enable it... i called the cell to make it ring and yes the light came on....
    So then I just went back to the and disabled it by removing the check mark. I called the cell again..and sure enough no light this time.

Give that a try. Good luck

I am soooooooo glad I finally googled this issue. Ever since I did that last update on my phone, I have looked like a total creeper in public when and email would come through or my phone would ring. It is now resolved after hours on the phone with both Samsung and AT&T. I can not thank you enough for helping me resolve this issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast