Can't Receive MMS Pics AT&T S4

PandoraHBIC

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have searched the 'net far and wide and can't find an answer to my question. My AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (rooted) will NOT receive or send pics no matter what I do. I've enabled data and everything I can find.

I've had to resort to having peeps email me when they want to send me a pic or a video which is a PITA. I have also tried to send pics to other android phones as well as iPhones and no joy.

PLEASE help me, at this rate I may go back to my iPhone 5 which is a shame as I'm really getting used to android os.

Thanks!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you have an iPhone with the same number before? It seems that there is an universal issue with the way iMessage works, so in case you had it, then Did you remove your phone number from your apple Account prior to move your number to an Android? if no, then do that first, go to Apple Website and open your account and look for your devices and removed it, all the messages between you and iPhones and iPads will work better.

Again, it may not be your specific problem, but at least you have that part covered, then if problem persist, I think you should contact AT&T Support as it maybe an issue on their side.

I have searched the 'net far and wide and can't find an answer to my question. My AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (rooted) will NOT receive or send pics no matter what I do. I've enabled data and everything I can find.

I've had to resort to having peeps email me when they want to send me a pic or a video which is a PITA. I have also tried to send pics to other android phones as well as iPhones and no joy.

PLEASE help me, at this rate I may go back to my iPhone 5 which is a shame as I'm really getting used to android os.

Thanks!

Last edited:

PandoraHBIC

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't thought of that, have had an iPhone since the 3 came out. I do notice that when I turn on my iPhone, I get messages that are sent from iPhone users (received on my Android as well at the time they were sent). I will try that, if it doesn't work will let you know.

Thank you so much erasat!

PandoraHBIC

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
So I removed the device from my Apple account, deleted the phone number anywhere on my account that I could find it, and signed out of iTunes on my iPhone.

I am now able to send MMS, but still can't receive pictures. I get the option to download the image, but it never completes downloading. The error message I get says something about content has expired or is no longer available, and I have hit "download" as soon as the image comes across.

Any other ideas?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So I removed the device from my Apple account, deleted the phone number anywhere on my account that I could find it, and signed out of iTunes on my iPhone.

I am now able to send MMS, but still can't receive pictures. I get the option to download the image, but it never completes downloading. The error message I get says something about content has expired or is no longer available, and I have hit "download" as soon as the image comes across.

Any other ideas?

Well, so at least we know that part of the issue was the iMessage settings, so half of the issue is solved, for the other, I'd suggest you to call AT&T support our maybe you can try going to Application Manager first and clear data for the Messaging app, that will clear all settings and will be as it was brand new. Sometimes that stove unknown issues.

But, if that doesn't solve it, you should contact AT&T as it maybe simply an issue on their end, if not, they must fix it for you.