Problems with the S4 and your car bluetooth?

scooter1010

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I read that GM has a free update available for their bluetooth. It come via OnStar. You need to hit the Onstar button and ask the operator for a 30 day free trial because you want the free BT update. That should solve your problem. Good Luck

jn106

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I was having intermittent bluetooth connection problems in my 2011 Nissan Altima and changed settings on the S4 to turn off the visibility time out. Click on settings-bluetooth-click menu button--visibility time out and set to "never time out". Connections and switching between media and cell phone all work fine now.

FlyingNun

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an 2008 Acura TSX and am having difficulty with bluetooth phone call operations using the Galaxy S4.

I just made the switch from the iPhone 4, and I use my cell phone as my media player to play music (via an aux cable) while I am on the road. I can play music with the S4 just fine, and can make/receive bluetooth calls while the phone is not plugged into my stereo unit just fine.

The issue is while I have the phone's headphone jack plugged into the stereo, I can still activate bluetooth calling features, but all of the sound input is defaulted to the heatset cable, rather than over my car's bluetooth speaker system. The result is that I cannot hear the person on the line and they cannot hear me. The headset/bluetooth option button on the active call menu screen is greyed out while the headset cable is plugged in. It is a significant irritant (and a considerable distraction while driving) to unplug my headset cable from my phone everytime I receive a phone call so that the bluetooth integration will work the way that I need it to.

With the iPhone, it simply bypassed the headset jack output and defaulted straight to my car's bluetooth speaker system. How can I get the S4 to do the same?

Thanks in advance,

Don

adammkk

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a Cadillac CTS 2009 and the Samsung S4 bluetooth does not work at all with it. This sucks. If I had known I wouldnt have gotten it. I am really Pissed.

XeroHertZ

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
New to the forums and glad I found this thread..thought I'm the only one with this problem.

So, I have a 2006 Lexus GS 430 and my phone is a Galaxy Note 2 N7100, bluetooth was working perfectly fine with no problems whatsoever on Android 4.2.2, two weeks ago I upgraded to the leaked Android 4.3 for the N2 and I'm having problems with not being able to hear from the car's speakers and sometimes I get intermittent connections.

This really sucks as I was hoping to get the Note 3, but since Android 4.3 has problems with my car's bluetooth then no chance for that :(

Sarah Knadler

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a 2011 Kia Sorento yesterday and my boyfriend is able to pair his Galaxy Note 3 without a hitch but I can't pair my Galaxy S4. It doesn't show my car when I turn on the bluetooth and look for nearby devices. PLEASE tell me there is a solution to this???

ToastyCamaro

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
i've got a 2011 camaro. When my S4 was on 4.1 or 4.2.2 i could pair phone audio and bluetooth music at the same time. now, it's a struggle to get the bluetooth music to play music if the phone audio is connected- essentially, when i connect both the phone and bluetooth music profiles, the phone is setting the phone audio as the sound output, and making it not go over the car audio. ... I also can duplicate this problem with some Motorola bluetooth headphones, though, so it's not the car in my case. it's a conflict between the two bluetooth profiles --- so now that I went and posted this, I think I have it fixed. I connected the phone to my headphones, both Media and call audio profiles. as suspected, i can't hear the audio playing in the google music app. I rebooted the phone, and now, after it restarted, and connected to both BT profiles again, it's working as it should. at least for now, so if you have trouble getting the audio output working, may connect everything like it is "supposed" to be and reboot the phone once.

Last edited:

pedwarpimp

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
MY s4 19505 has started dropping the calls from the car speakers back to the phone speaker, if I switch the handset Bluetooth off and switch the phone to its speaker to try and continue the call the phone after a minute or so drops back to its speaker again. This happens in a number of different vehicles I use . I initially thought it was the power saving mode but I've made sure that isn't enabled. I've got no power saving app installed either, any ideas? All this technology 4 g etc and I'm back to using my wire ear phones

TerryInBrussels

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Following all of these threads on in car connectivity hassles. Just loaded
KitKat and in the bluetooth part I find a message on Bluetooth Smart Connectivity
which switches bluetooth off to save energy ( like your car at the traffic lights).
Could this be a cause? There's an app 'Bluetooth Auto Connect' that seems to override this.

BTW same problems with my N4 and KitKat.

Terry

krauster_sk

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Prius 2013 and Galaxy S4 ATT 4.2.2 Music and phone have a lot of weird things going on. Never had problems with iphone4. I like android, I like having a phone screen bigger than the iphone and the openness of android. But the car and phone don't work well together, I guess because of the bluetooth confusion.

translog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
This is an email I sent Hyundai Canada with a simple solution the Genesis pairing issue by simply changing the passkey to 0000 from the factory default of 1234. Hope this helps a lot of you.

A member at the Genesis owners forum found the solution to the issue with the pairing via Bluetooth of your Genesis sedan 2011 and 2012 and any Samsung Galaxy S4 smart phone.

By simply changing the passkey from the standard 1234 to 0000 the issue is resolved.

My Galaxy S 4 now works like a charm hands free via Bluetooth and sync's fine as well.

This is the post:

Samsung Galaxy S4 bluetooth connectivity - Page 7 - Hyundai Genesis Forum

Please update and make this information available to Hyundai Worldwide as many of your current Genesis owners are probably very frustrated, and this simple solution should be readily available to them if they call customer service. Better yet why not issue a World Wide service bulletin to your dealers as well.

Please let us know what you decide to do with this important finding.

kyoshi213

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
My S4 will not voice dial with my Kenwood DPX500BT receiver unless it is unlocked. It receives calls fine and will voice dial when the phone is unlocked. I have contacted both Kenwood and Samsung and no one has a answer. Anybody?

redwolfdm1

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had this problem with now two phones. I am sure there is a way to sync but I have not idea - I have looked all over for it.
If anyone can shed some light on how to sync I WOULD GREALY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

Thank you.

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
The first time I paired my S4 with my 2013 Chevy Malibu the MyLink system saw and played the MP3's from my phone, album art and all. However after that first pairing, MyLink does not see my MP3's. Pandora works fine (and also phone calls). But no music from my collections. I guess I should try re-pairing. But I hate to think I need to do that each time.

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I read that GM has a free update available for their bluetooth. It come via OnStar. You need to hit the Onstar button and ask the operator for a 30 day free trial because you want the free BT update. That should solve your problem. Good Luck

Is this "update" automatic (I have OnStar active in my 2013 Malibu) or do you have to request it?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Prius 2013 and Galaxy S4 ATT 4.2.2 Music and phone have a lot of weird things going on. Never had problems with iphone4. I like android, I like having a phone screen bigger than the iphone and the openness of android. But the car and phone don't work well together, I guess because of the bluetooth confusion.

It depends on the blue tooth versions and usually if they have built in things geared twards apple it's most likely a standard apple controls (they try to control everything)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

vishnuvpat

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have had a similar issue. I have an S4 and my car has an in built bluetooth. It was working fine for the first 8 months but now suddenly my cars bluetooth make random phone calls to unknown numbers (mostly nos 0) and when I check the phone log it does not show any such calls. This has become a big nuisance and I tried all possibilities to rectify this mistake but it still persits. Do not know what to do? Anyone has encountered such situations

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm sounds like a bug either that or the NSA being jerks and tapping your stuff (seriously the NSA and Verizon are more than willing part is I men's into the nsa

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Molly Burkett

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I just got the new Galaxy S4. Had the Nexxus before and the bluetooth worked perfectly in my 2011 camaro. The new one will not see my music at all. It will bluetooth with my phone audio, but the Google play music app and Pandora will not connect. How can I fix this? I would not have gotten the S4 if I had known as I use my phone for all my music. I think I should have gotten the IPhone instead. Is there a patch that I can get to solve this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12