ATT plan cannot use 4glte can i root S4 and make it run on 3g data same as Atrix?
long story short i have an old grandfathered plan that att cant adjust or ill loose it,. i used to have the first atrix which i believe was only 3g, data worked fine. just got a new s4, cannot use 4glte. is there a way to configure the s4 to run on the 3g data network?
- 07-08-2013, 03:09 PM #2
- 07-09-2013, 02:06 AM #3
- 249 Posts
- Rooted stock GS4 ROM
Re: ATT plan cannot use 4glte can i root S4 and make it run on 3g data same as Atrix?
I, too, have the grandfathered AT&T unlimited data plan, from my days using BlackBerries. When I got my first Android device, an HTC Vivid, I was issued an LTE SIM card to make use of the new functionality.At that time, LTE sservice was unavailable where I live. When it lit up, my Vivid picked it right up. When I upgraded to my GS4, it came with another LTE SIM card. It also picked up LTE immediately. None of these changeovers affected my data plan. My questiohotshot u is whether LTE service is available in your area to begin with. Secondly, did they give you the proper LTE SIM card for your GS4? Rooting will not bring LTE to life. It will, with a custom ROM installed, enable you to break the tether lock on your wifi hotspot capability, which is locked out of the grandfathered plan in the stock ROM. I hope this helps.
- 07-09-2013, 11:58 AM #5
- 1 Posts
- 08-19-2013, 04:39 PM #8
- By coreymac08 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 10-28-2013, 03:55 PM
- By palanilopez12 in forum HTC OneReplies: 11Last Post: 07-10-2013, 03:04 AM
- By PiercedPikachu in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 07-08-2013, 11:56 PM
- By itic in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2013, 04:51 PM
- By PorkRibs in forum LG Optimus G ProReplies: 0Last Post: 07-08-2013, 12:59 PM