New Google Maps 7.01 doesn't work.

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Since I updated to Maps 7.01 I've had all sorts of issues and had to uninstall the update.

1. It's slow
  2. After you search your destination I have to click on the "Choose Destination" before it will display.
  3. When you switch to another app (using Home button) then come back to Navigation it doesn't show your route anymore. It presents you with a screen to start a new destination. Even though it's giving you voice turn-by-turn

Anyone else having issues?

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Has anyone figured out how to get back to the navigation screen yet? This is extremely frustrating!!!!

I just continually uninstall the update. I'm hoping Google updates the app where it works. If not I just roll it back.

This is the first time I've had a bad experience with a Google app and only a few are experiencing it also.

troutspinner

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I just updated to 7.02 and same issue. You can go out of the app and back in but as soon as you turn the screen off then back on, navigation is gone. Gonna roll back til they get it fixed.

troutspinner

uncbutterfly

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I just updated to 7.02 and mine works now. If I leave the screen and go back in the app, it will go back to navigation.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Ann Le

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been unable to do anything with the new update. It takes me to the page to choose a starting destination and end destination but that is it. I enter my destinations and it ends there. I have been continually uninstalling the update as well. I really hope this gets fixed soon. It's annoying.

Cherylgrrl

May 1, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work at all for me. For some reason the GPS and the new Maps app are out of whack and the location icon always shows me driving out in a field somewhere quite a distance from the road. Also no turn by turn directions. Terrible! I have used the old Navigation app for years and loved it. I followed the advice of others and went to: Settings > Apps, selected "Maps", then "Uninstall Updates". Your friendly blue Navigation triangle reappears and all is well!

anon(146480)

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't work at all for me. For some reason the GPS and the new Maps app are out of whack and the location icon always shows me driving out in a field somewhere quite a distance from the road. Also no turn by turn directions. Terrible! I have used the old Navigation app for years and loved it. I followed the advice of others and went to: Settings > Apps, selected "Maps", then "Uninstall Updates". Your friendly blue Navigation triangle reappears and all is well!

I've experienced this before. Make sure you choose driving directions. I once had it set to walking directions and got similar results to what you described.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4