Best way to get my Galaxy S4 data, apps, layout etc to a new Galaxy S4

dankduke1

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
so i broke the screen on my S4 and just ordered a new one.

i wanted to know if there was a program i could use or somethign i can do to seamlessly make this transition over.

What do i need to do? What would be good next steps???

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Without root, only ones I can think of are Samsung smart switch, you can look for it at the Samsung App Store and Samsung kies, and even with them I don't know of they transfer your screens layout, kies is backing up apps and data and about everything on your s4 but I don't know about that part, and Samsung smart switch works great when switching from other galaxies to the s4 so I assume it should do the same from s4 to s4, try both and see.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i am rooted if that matters to anyone...and am willing to pay for apps if need be.

Samsung Kies and Smart Switch, they could make most of what you want, but if you want to go further, you can download Titanium Backup from the Play Store, set it in preferences to backup to your SD card, then make a full backup including all System Apps, then get your new phone, insert your SD card, if you want ALL your apps with their settings, just set it in preferences to have the backup folder from your SD card, let it load your apps and then decide if you want to restore only your Apps with the data, and/or if you want every little settings as you have it in your other phone, depending if it's the exact same phone with exact same provider and same OS version, you can always try to restore all, including System files, I have done it in the past some times with great success, other times a little buggy, but hey, it will be a brand new phone, you can always go back to factory settings and do a full wipe and begin again. I see no harm in trying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non