AT&T Visual Voice Mail

mspm47

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
After riding the Apple bandwagon since day 1, i have made the switch to Samsung S4. Not an easy decision. definitely need the type of visual voicemail that Apple has and downloaded the AT&T app. It continues to crash or either not even open up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times. Is there something i am missing or is this a feature I will not have access to on this phone/operating system.
Thanks and may the force be somewhere.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
After riding the Apple bandwagon since day 1, i have made the switch to Samsung S4. Not an easy decision. definitely need the type of visual voicemail that Apple has and downloaded the AT&T app. It continues to crash or either not even open up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times. Is there something i am missing or is this a feature I will not have access to on this phone/operating system.
Thanks and may the force be somewhere.

Whatever error you may have is suppose to be fixed with the Uninstall/Install, so I could recommend, assuming that you just got the phone and haven't spent too much time on settings that the best idea would be to Reset to Factory, but assuming you do mind losing all your settings, first thing you should do is set Samsung Kies on your PC (if you have a PC) and be sure to make a full backup, including apps and settings, then do the Reset to Factory and go back to Kies and Restore, it should fix your issue(s) and the restore should put back almost everything back as you have it right now. Even more, if you are rooted, then you can get Titanium Backup and do a Full backup, later it can restore everything including System Apps and Settings, you can do that for everything except those apps that you know are corrupted already, if you know what I mean, because if not you will restore your problems also.

mspm47

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks erasat but that did not work. I called AT&T and they did a few things that, also, did not work. They opened up a ticket that should be addressed by July 27. Oh well, I have 14 days to return the phone.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks jrsharp70. I just got it and setting it up.

I suggest not uploading your contacts... You'll wind up with a bunch of duplicates in your address book. Not a big deal though.

Go on the web to select your greeting. It has really professional sounding ones, really dumb ones, and programmable ones for when you are out of town.

Hit the "thanks" button. It's how geeks validate our existence.

Posted via Android Central App

dkaralis

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Voice for voicemail. I personally think it's the best voicemail app available. It gives you the option of listenting to your voicemails from your desktop, and you can see the voicemail as a text message.

secrtagnt

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
AT&T no longer uses their Visual Voicemail app on newer android phones. It has been replaced with their consolidated messaging app, AT&T Messages. It came pre-installed on your phone. Set it up and you will have visual voicemail.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
AT&T no longer uses their Visual Voicemail app on newer android phones. It has been replaced with their consolidated messaging app, AT&T Messages. It came pre-installed on your phone. Set it up and you will have visual voicemail.

I am using the at&t voice mail at and it works fine.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I am using the at&t voice mail at and it works fine.

I am also. I let that crappy all in one app update and used it a little but hated the messaging portion so go rid of it and went back to Visual Voice Mail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I have used Visual Voice Mail by ATT and as the others stated, it is an option. Visual Voice does work ok, but when compared with Google Voice (mentioned by others), it is not worth it.

While I am not a big Google fan, Voice is very good:
- Voice can send you text messages (or provide Voice app-internal text messages, if you want) that transcribe each caller's message.
- Using the Voice app, you can play the voice mail while reading along (or jumping ahead) with the provided transcription .
- Finally, Voice ALSO can send you an email notice (only to GMAIL). which means you can get your voice mails and read them from your desktop, or tablet and even without your phone being with you at all (you STILL can see and hear your messages!)

Essentially, you can get three different types of notice (if you want that many) that tell you someone has called.
All of this is free --vice paying for the AT&T option! Yet Google Voice provides more service and it is quite reliable.

BONUS: Using Google Voice, you can get another telephone number (completely free from Google ) from basically any area code and that number will ring on your cell phone as well (or forward to another number).

So Voice is really nice.
The price is right
It is easy to set up
and it always works.

It is not klunky or **slow** -which was my impression of AT&T's version. . .
(sorry to those of you who like Visual Voice mail!) :)

Good Luck

mspm47

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Just as a follow up, AT&T never contacted me with a solution, though they opened up a case number for me. The date to respond was yesterday and not a peep. Am I surprised? No, but concerned. I am ditching Comcast cable/internet at home next Monday and switching to Uverse. Yes, this lack of integrity is concerning

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this - you're now on AT&T Uverse I bet ;-)

I am surprised! AT&T phone support normally is pretty good --I always got good feedback.
Their products were not necessary so hot (like the live voice/voice mail), but the people are focused. . .and about 90% of them try to be helpful or give you a break.

However, for Voice mail I really do recommend that you try Google Voice. . . it's free and sets up easily and quickly with your phone. . . and if you don't like it -no problem.

(BTW, I use Uverse. It's ok, but the service support is simply not as quick or responsive as Comcast. AT&T's TV division service is worse than their phone division -so be forewarned ;-)
Comcast support was always very good --but Comcast (unfortunately) is a bit pricey. My wife swears that the quality of picture for Comcast is better than AT&T --but I am not sensitive to such things. . .)

OK. Good Luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670