Storing apps on SD card

colbygatte

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Every time I search how to move apps to SD card, I get the same tutorial:
Settings > More > Application Manager > click app & click move to SD card

But the move to SD card option is not there. I thought it was the SD card, but the SD card is working fine. I was able to move files over to it and use the files.

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Every time I search how to move apps to SD card, I get the same tutorial:
Settings > More > Application Manager > click app & click move to SD card

But the move to SD card option is not there. I thought it was the SD card, but the SD card is working fine. I was able to move files over to it and use the files.

Hi some apps will not move to SD Card only some will like Facebook does not move to SD but Android Central Forums will.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the latest update installed? It came out just a week or so ago. Without it you won't have the option to move apps to the SD card.

FWIW, unless you're running out of space for apps on your internal memory you're probably better off just leaving them internal. The external card is much better suited for media than it is application data.

colbygatte

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I checked for a software update and it says my phone is up to date. I will probably keep apps on my phone instead of the sd card, but the option to store them there would be nice.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I checked for a software update and it says my phone is up to date. I will probably keep apps on my phone instead of the sd card, but the option to store them there would be nice.
But have you installed the update yet? It takes about 20 minutes to a half hour to do. You may just be somewhere near the end of the roll out and still have the old firmware. People have confirmed the new build numbers in this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...pdate-now-downloading-7-9-13-11-00-am-et.html

colbygatte

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
no I haven't updated, I just got the phone a couple days ago and assumed it had the latest update. I checked the numbers and I don't have the update so you're right, guess I gotta wait

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
no I haven't updated, I just got the phone a couple days ago and assumed it had the latest update. I checked the numbers and I don't have the update so you're right, guess I gotta wait

If you just got the phone a couple days ago, I am sure you are well within the full refund and/or exchange time frame. The 32gb version of the S4 is only $50 more..That will give you more internal memory for apps. The $50 is about the same price as a 64gb sd card. ATT and Verizon are the only two carriers that have the much-sought-after 32gb version..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12