Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Sweet Pikake
  • 1 Post By Sweet Pikake
  • 1 Post By maskedcarrot
  • 1 Post By jeffreii
  • 1 Post By Sweet Pikake
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I switch/select cell bands (LTE/3G/Etc) on the S4 /ATT/i337?

1. I have an i337 rooted and rom'd ( Shostock2.1) & was looking for the option to control bands (LTE-4G/3G / 3G Only/ etc.)

2. It appears that (at least) the S4 international version has a "network selection mode" option in
    . . . . settings / connections / more networks / Network Mode <== this menu option is in international version but not i337!

3. My i377 does not seem to have that option in settings, or any other likely location. So, I am wondering if it has been removed by AT&T (likely), or did I miss something?

4. If the AT&T i337 does not have network mode menu, does that mean there is no direct user control over band selection?

Thank you in advance ! :-)

ROM
    OEM

Default Re: Can I switch/select cell bands (LTE/3G/Etc) on the S4 /ATT/i337?

on your dial pad
    *#*#4636#*#*
    Device information
    scroll down to: Set preferred network type
    LTE/GSM auto (PRL) this is where you set your option
    Thanked by 2:
    behmarkbc 
    markbc likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    on your dial pad
    *#*#4636#*#*
    Device information
    scroll down to: Set preferred network type
    LTE/GSM auto (PRL) this is where you set your option
    Thank you so much --this is a very helpful reply!
    I like the menu -- it delivers many functions -including selecting cell bands.
    The "Network Selection Mode" option that I was looking for seems to appear only on the International version --and it's less full featured than the keypad menu access.
    Thank you again for the phone code!
    :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by markbc View Post
    1. I have an i337 rooted and rom'd ( Shostock2.1) & was looking for the option to control bands (LTE-4G/3G / 3G Only/ etc.)

2. It appears that (at least) the S4 international version has a "network selection mode" option in
    . . . . settings / connections / more networks / Network Mode <== this menu option is in international version but not i337!

3. My i377 does not seem to have that option in settings, or any other likely location. So, I am wondering if it has been removed by AT&T (likely), or did I miss something?

4. If the AT&T i337 does not have network mode menu, does that mean there is no direct user control over band selection?

why would you want to change the band.

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    OEM

Quote Originally Posted by usguyver View Post
    why would you want to change the band.

Posted via Android Central App
    There are many locations that AT&T has not implemented LTE so receptions in those areas are weak. By changing the bands, OP would be able to access HSPA and a much better reception.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    markbc 
    markbc likes this.

would this work on a stock phone, i am not sure on rooting yet i had it on my gs3 and loved it but i went back to stock rom with (some options) so i might keep the gs4 the same just stock until i get bored again

back when my gs3 was rooted i had 3g+ instead of 4g here in town and sadly enough 3g+ was faster
    Current phone- AT&T galaxy S4 16gb. 32gb storage. otter box defender. running MF3 ota, rooted and safe strapped
    rom slots 1, used for flashing test roms. my daily driver is alpha v10 on rom slot 2
    old phones- Blackberry curve-> iphone 3gs->iphone 4s->galaxy S3->galaxy S4

just tried it and it doesnt work for me
    Current phone- AT&T galaxy S4 16gb. 32gb storage. otter box defender. running MF3 ota, rooted and safe strapped
    rom slots 1, used for flashing test roms. my daily driver is alpha v10 on rom slot 2

ROM
    OEM

Quote Originally Posted by myIphone4s View Post
    just tried it and it doesnt work for me
    Its only for Galaxy S4's not intended for any other models.

Unfortunately it doesn't work if you are using the GE 4.2.2 ROM like I am. I loved using that menu when I was still running stock.
    Thanked by:
    markbc 
    markbc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    Its only for Galaxy S4's not intended for any other models.
    i used that number that was posted, it didnt work for me, so i guess i will try it with the gs4 when i get it. if i can get 3g+ it would be great, since i jump between E and 4g when i was on a custom rom i got 3g+ where i lived and didnt have to worry about data speed

so what is the name for 3g+ and can i get it on a stock phone no root as i dont plan on that yet
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

i used that number that was posted, it didnt work for me, so i guess i will try it with the gs4 when i get it. if i can get 3g+ it would be great, since i jump between E and 4g when i was on a custom rom i got 3g+ where i lived and didnt have to worry about data speed

so what is the name for 3g+ and can i get it on a stock phone no root as i dont plan on that yet
    [How to] disable LTE on AT&T S3 (you can disable HSPA+ too)
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

ROMs based on international firmware do have a working network selection mode menu. I'm on Goldeneye 4.0 and use that from time to time.
    Thanked by:
    markbc 
    markbc likes this.

ROM
    OEM

When I had the SGH-I717, I was able to toggle and force it to stay on HSPA only. This was the app that I was using, I have not chk if it still works since I no longer have that phone in my possession.
    Thanked by:
    markbc 
    markbc likes this.
    kcv

Thank you so much --this is a very helpful reply!
    I like the menu -- it delivers many functions -including selecting cell bands.
    The "Network Selection Mode" option that I was looking for seems to appear only on the International version --and it's less full featured than the keypad menu access.
    Thank you again for the phone code!
    :-) :-)
    I was able to change between technologies. How you selecting cell bands? I would like to force the phone lock into a specific band/frequency.
    Thanks
    KCV
    kcv

Is possible to force the phone locked into a specific band/frequency.
    Thanks-KCV