Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Default Can I switch/select cell bands (LTE/3G/Etc) on the S4 /ATT/i337?

1. I have an i337 rooted and rom'd ( Shostock2.1) & was looking for the option to control bands (LTE-4G/3G / 3G Only/ etc.)

2. It appears that (at least) the S4 international version has a "network selection mode" option in
    . . . . settings / connections / more networks / Network Mode <== this menu option is in international version but not i337!

3. My i377 does not seem to have that option in settings, or any other likely location. So, I am wondering if it has been removed by AT&T (likely), or did I miss something?

4. If the AT&T i337 does not have network mode menu, does that mean there is no direct user control over band selection?

Thank you in advance ! :-)

Carrier
    OEM

Default Re: Can I switch/select cell bands (LTE/3G/Etc) on the S4 /ATT/i337?

on your dial pad
    *#*#4636#*#*
    Device information
    scroll down to: Set preferred network type
    LTE/GSM auto (PRL) this is where you set your option
    markbc, beh, Ed87_LA and 2 others like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    on your dial pad
    *#*#4636#*#*
    Device information
    Thank you so much --this is a very helpful reply!
    I like the menu -- it delivers many functions -including selecting cell bands.
    The "Network Selection Mode" option that I was looking for seems to appear only on the International version --and it's less full featured than the keypad menu access.
    Thank you again for the phone code!
    :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by markbc View Post
    1. I have an i337 rooted and rom'd ( Shostock2.1) & was looking for the option to control bands (LTE-4G/3G / 3G Only/ etc.)

2. It appears that (at least) the S4 international version has a "network selection mode" option in
    . . . . settings / connections / more networks / Network Mode <== this menu option is in international version but not i337!

3. My i377 does not seem to have that option in settings, or any other likely location. So, I am wondering if it has been removed by AT&T (likely), or did I miss something?

4. If the AT&T i337 does not have network mode menu, does that mean there is no direct user control over band selection?

why would you want to change the band.

Posted via Android Central App

Carrier
    OEM

Quote Originally Posted by usguyver View Post
    why would you want to change the band.

Posted via Android Central App
    There are many locations that AT&T has not implemented LTE so receptions in those areas are weak. By changing the bands, OP would be able to access HSPA and a much better reception.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using AC Forums mobile app
    markbc likes this.

would this work on a stock phone, i am not sure on rooting yet i had it on my gs3 and loved it but i went back to stock rom with (some options) so i might keep the gs4 the same just stock until i get bored again

back when my gs3 was rooted i had 3g+ instead of 4g here in town and sadly enough 3g+ was faster

just tried it and it doesnt work for me

Carrier
    OEM

Quote Originally Posted by myIphone4s View Post
    just tried it and it doesnt work for me
    Its only for Galaxy S4's not intended for any other models.

Unfortunately it doesn't work if you are using the GE 4.2.2 ROM like I am. I loved using that menu when I was still running stock.
    markbc likes this.

Its only for Galaxy S4's not intended for any other models.
    i used that number that was posted, it didnt work for me, so i guess i will try it with the gs4 when i get it. if i can get 3g+ it would be great, since i jump between E and 4g when i was on a custom rom i got 3g+ where i lived and didnt have to worry about data speed

so what is the name for 3g+ and can i get it on a stock phone no root as i dont plan on that yet
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,241 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

i used that number that was posted, it didnt work for me, so i guess i will try it with the gs4 when i get it. if i can get 3g+ it would be great, since i jump between E and 4g when i was on a custom rom i got 3g+ where i lived and didnt have to worry about data speed

so what is the name for 3g+ and can i get it on a stock phone no root as i dont plan on that yet
    [How to] disable LTE on AT&T S3 (you can disable HSPA+ too)
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,241 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

ROMs based on international firmware do have a working network selection mode menu. I'm on Goldeneye 4.0 and use that from time to time.
    markbc likes this.

Carrier
    OEM

When I had the SGH-I717, I was able to toggle and force it to stay on HSPA only. This was the app that I was using, I have not chk if it still works since I no longer have that phone in my possession.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...honeInfo&hl=en
    markbc likes this.
    kcv

Thank you so much --this is a very helpful reply!
    I like the menu -- it delivers many functions -including selecting cell bands.
    The "Network Selection Mode" option that I was looking for seems to appear only on the International version --and it's less full featured than the keypad menu access.
    Thank you again for the phone code!
    :-) :-)
    I was able to change between technologies. How you selecting cell bands? I would like to force the phone lock into a specific band/frequency.
    Thanks
    KCV
    kcv

Is possible to force the phone locked into a specific band/frequency.
    Thanks-KCV

Thumbs up Re: Can I switch/select cell bands (LTE/3G/Etc) on the S4 /ATT/i337?

Thanks a lot. I had the same issue my cell phone were in "E" and my cell service company requested change my current configuration and select the option " WCDMA only" in the menu, but in this model, the network mode did not exist.
    Thanks a lot for the code.

plz This code does not work with me
    i have sm-g350e and does not have network mode menu

on your dial pad
    *#*#4636#*#*
    Device information
    I wanna know how to save the changes I made cuz everytime I get on the menu again it is back on LTE/GSM Auto (PRL) and another question what does prl mean I'm from El Salvador please help

Sorry for the necro but i know the answer.

Pull sim out start phone without it.

Punch in *#2263#

Select lte band preferences paydirt
    andyrockstar likes this.

AT&T SAMSUNG Galaxy note 2

Type the code below from the screen and this takes you into the Full service MENU

*#197328640#

1 Main menu

2 UMTS

3 UMTS MAIN MENU

4 DEBUG SCREEN

5 PHONE CONTROL

6 NETWORK CONTROL

7 BAND SELECTION ( There are 4 options; 1 Automatic; 2 WCDMA; 3 GSM; 4 LTE )

Choose which ever band you wish to set your phone to )

Save

You should be in business

I can access the band selection page, but everytime i try to select an LTE band, my phone refuses to accept it and defaults back to the previous selection.

Any ideas before i try to root my phone?

PRL means "Preferred Roaming List".

Thank you. I have an AT&T phone as well and I used the code you gave and the code worked. I still have to figure out how to get the data plan to be accepted though.

How do I save the information once I have selected the network type? I have selected and enabled then turn off and restart the phone but it keeps returning to what it was before.

Angry Re: Can I switch/select cell bands (LTE/3G/Etc) on the S4 /ATT/i337?

it doenst click
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast