Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Farish
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Text Messaging Issues causing Slowness

Hi guys, so about 2 months ago I made the switch from iPhone 4s -> Samsung Galaxy S4. These are the following issues i'm encountering when text messaging friends.

Some assumptions before I list my issue:
    1. I have group messages enabled in text messaging settings
    2. I have removed my phone number from the apple support site
    3. I have tried various 3rd party apps after the issue was apparent, still no luck.

The issues:

1. All group text messages I get, when received, go into a single bucket from the sender, then about a second later move into the group chain. What essentially happens is when there's a heated text message conversation, I can BARELY type, the phone reacts very slowly, and I believe this is all due to how I am receiving the messages, to a single bucket, then to the group bucket.

i.e. John1 John2 John3 are all in a text message group conversation, when John1 replies to a message, his message goes into his own conversation with me John1<>Me, then about a split second later, you see that original message disappear and go into the group chain. These group chains are a mix of android and iphone users.

I have a friend who has a samsung galaxy s4 with verizon (different than the friend from Issue#2 below) and he does not have these issues.

Why is it doing this?

2. Issue #2, I have a friend who has a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Verizon, no matter what he does, when he replies or initiates a group message, they all come in solo. I cannot see who he is sending a group message too nor when he replies to a group message chain his all goto a single bucket. This issue only happens with this particular person.

Default Re: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Text Messaging Issues causing Slowness

Are your friends replying to a message or group thread that was started in imessage? Have your friends delete that thread off their phone and start a new conversation with you if that is the case.

When you are composing messages back is the group conversation tab active? This will be right above the message text you are typing.

for #1 and #2.

Go into your message settings and make sure group messaging is checked. If you are using a 3rd party app especially you need to double check this.
    Thanked by:
    Gregory Teng likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    Are your friends replying to a message or group thread that was started in imessage? Have your friends delete that thread off their phone and start a new conversation with you if that is the case.

When you are composing messages back is the group conversation tab active? This will be right above the message text you are typing.

for #1 and #2.

Go into your message settings and make sure group messaging is checked. If you are using a 3rd party app especially you need to double check this.
    Hello, thank you for your reply, I have group messaging enabled under the settings. Also, it says "group messaging" at the top where the names are listed in the group chain.

I am in group chains with 5-6 other people, I have to get them all to delete the current chain and then I reinitiate? That's going to be rough. There are no other workarounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Teng View Post
    Hello, thank you for your reply, I have group messaging enabled under the settings. Also, it says "group messaging" at the top where the names are listed in the group chain.

I am in group chains with 5-6 other people, I have to get them all to delete the current chain and then I reinitiate? That's going to be rough. There are no other workarounds?
    Are they all on imessage?

Try this instead, why not you send a new group text to a couple of your friends and see what happens first.