Boot shows "Samsung custom" and an unlocked padlock

marvin1294

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I just got my GS4 last night and first thing I did was rooted it. This morning I woke up to my device off and no charge, so I plugged it in and turned it on. When it turned on, the "Galaxy S4" boot animation does not show up. Rather, a quick Samsung and an unlocked padlock and the word "Custom" shows up.

I tried getting into recovery mode to wipe cache, but all my attempts lead to the phone booting up regularly. I cannot get into recovery mode. I tried turning it off then holding power, vol up and home; and power and vol up. Nothing works

I need help getting that animation back! Thanks!

-Marvin

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
To get into recovery, you have to let go of the "power button" right after you see the quick "Samsung" logo and continue to hold volume up and home buttons. Give that a try.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

adam1314#IM

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So your S4 is working normally and the only difference is the animation is different when you power it on? Mine does this too but I don't see it as a big deal. Is it just for the visual or is there another reason why this matters to you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
You get for flashing a kernel or recovery that wasn't loki patched. If your device is booting normally but just showing that custom padlock on boot.. buy triangle away to reset the counter. I know this because I use a I337 as my main device.

As for recovery, if holding vol up and power/home for 3 to 5 seconds and no recovery is booting then try flashing a new recovery before using triangle away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

samckaz

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much! you are the man. I could not get rid of that damn padlock and Custom message but your advice saved my neck.
Cheers:)

SevereDeceit

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm stock as a rock running the latest official 4.3 from Verizon and when I rebooted my device the custom screen with the lock that was unlocked showed up. Rebooted again and same thing. An hour later I rebooted and it's gone. Just checked before I posted this and my S4 boots completely normal now. Not sure what caused it.

akihiko_51

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
hi,all I'm new here

i hive samsung galaxy S4 i337, my phone is factory unlock. I'm on ATT carr, two days ago i was at 4.2.2 and rooted, and today my phone it updating itself.
when was on 4.2.2 i was getting the same thing at boot ""the custom screen with the lock that was unlocked showed up"" but was working ok and rooted.
after the update, i still get the same thing at boot. Now i can't root my phone on 4.3 because of the security issue to keep blocking. anything i do.

Please can someone explain how can I bypasses and rerooted phone, I tried all the method that is available to me but unable to rooted, security block.

I appreciate the help.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I got the same exact thing as you did, but I don't fool around with root and custom roms, due to me trading me phone when the new one comes out... but I found it very weird that it popped up, restarted and poof it was gone.

jamesautodude

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
What I had to do was, install SuperSU... open it, let it install normally... it asked to disable Knox, I allowed it to. It disabled Knox. Then, what I had to do (since restarting wasn't fixing the padlock startup with custom status), I had to boot into recovery mode AFTER setting up SuperSU. Then once that recovery menu loaded, I clicked on Reboot and it worked! Everything is official now with root access :D

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I think it may have been suggested already but Triangle Away will fix this. I had it when I rooted and installed Safestrap. SuperUser can disable KNOX or you can freeze KNOX via Titanium Backup.

Don Redmond

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
NEED HELP !!Samsung i337mv how do I flash a new .img? Recovery IMG deleted!

I bought a S4 from my friend who said it was rooted but needed some work...so I bought it (50$) for a good deal and now I need help it will call and send texts bit I cannot install new apps ...it says the memory is always LOW!!
Needless to say he really messed it up.....

OK it has CWM but all the backups are not there... File yes but it says empty... He deleted a lot off of the system and I don't thing he mad a back up before he won't triangle away crazy on the phone...I've tried different ways but a lot of the links are bad or the files are "bad" I'm stuck my Friends any help is greatly appreciated....Respect™.

khantoocool

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I found a very "OFFICIAL SOLUTION" to this problem,
My phone "SCH-i545" (Verizon Galaxy S4) had the same problem when I tried to root it on (5.0.1) Lollipop.

I did a lot of research, and the method I found to fix the Custom Logo with an Unlock "lock" was, To Flash https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347816632

This Official Stock Lollipop Rom with Odin3. When the rom is flashed, Open the Phone and just check for software update in the settings, and it should say there is an update do you want to download, Hit Download Now and wait until it is downloaded, then just hit install Now,

After the update is done. Turn off your phone and turn it back on after 5 mins, And you should Now see the magic :) :-*

shawn earle

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
hi,all I'm new here

i hive samsung galaxy S4 i337, my phone is factory unlock. I'm on ATT carr, two days ago i was at 4.2.2 and rooted, and today my phone it updating itself.
when was on 4.2.2 i was getting the same thing at boot ""the custom screen with the lock that was unlocked showed up"" but was working ok and rooted.
after the update, i still get the same thing at boot. Now i can't root my phone on 4.3 because of the security issue to keep blocking. anything i do.

Please can someone explain how can I bypasses and rerooted phone, I tried all the method that is available to me but unable to rooted, security block.

I appreciate the help.
King root is the only method i've found to work on my i545 running lollipop. I removed a ton of bloatware and it's running smoother and the battery lasts slightly longer. I'm curious to know if the unlocked pad lock means the bootloader is unlocked? I'd love to put a custom marshmallow or nougat rom on it, but from what i understand it's not possible because of the locked bootloader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress