Problem making deposits using Chase Mobile App?

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody here having an issue making deposits with Chase Mobile? Log in is no problem but there seems to be a problem taking a photo of the check. There is a lot of "snow" at the bottom of the picture. My first S4 had this problem and I exchanged it but for another S4 but the problem didn't go away. The phone camera otherwise seems to be working fine.

It appears there is an issue between the S4 and the Chase app. My S3 worked perfectly. Any suggestions?

ryguy5

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Make sure the check is sitting on a background that's darker than the check itself and there's enough light. I just made a deposit on my S4 through the Chase app no less than 10 minutes ago and everything worked fine.

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks ryguy5 but I did what you said and still have the problem. Internet searches didn't provide any info.I'm hoping I'm not alone with this issue.

billpitt

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
You're not alone. I recently purchased the new Nexus 7 and the camera seems to work fine, except with the Chase mobile banking app. Check photos taken with the Chase app are a series of vertical colored stripes. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the problem persisted. I contacted Chase and got a canned response: "If the picture or amount is blurry we cannot process the check. Please review the image and retake the picture if needed. You may also try to enlarge image, if needed, to make sure image clear and make sure auto-focus feature of the camera is activated and working properly." By the way, the app works fine on both my Note II and Note 8.

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I used a friend's T Mo S4 and had the exact same problem. My S3 worked fine but I have seen seen four S4s that won't take a good check photo. It has to be a Chase mobile app issue.

sachadon

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
This has got nothing to do with S4. The app is crappy. I think it uses its own crappy program to auto-focus during taking picture. I had the same issue on my old HTC inspire.

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried the Chase Mobile app toay and it appears to be working. I still get the "snow" at the bottom of the check photo but I can make deposits again.

MyIDisinChrist

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having problems from the Galaxy S4. Was able to take good, crisp pictures of front and back, but then when I hit "next" it freezes up "loading". I wonder if the image files are too big, even though I'm connected over a high-speed wifi..... Used to love this app on my HTC One.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problem with the bank of america app and was told to check the developer options on limiting or killing processes. Clearing those limitations solved my problem.

Posted via Android Central App

Kim Johns

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried Jaltmans solution above.

I have the Samsung S4 and app kept shutting off when I took the second picture of my check! Ahhhhh!
I tried this solution and it helped. I found how to enable the developer options here:
How to Enable the Hidden Developer Options on Your Samsung Galaxy S4 ? Samsung GS4 softModder
Then I turned the Developer options off (once you enable them it is under Settings then "More" at the top, Developer options is right above About Device)

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My mother just got a Nexus 7 2013 and is having the same issue with the Chase app: the pictures are nothing but 1-pixel-wide vertical streaks/lines. I was able to take pics fine from my Nexus 4 in the app, but it seems there is definitely an issue with the Nexus 7 (2013).

There's a screenshot in this thread that shows what happens on the N7:

http://www.nexus7nexus10.com/forum/nexus-7-2nd-generation/3542-camera-2.html

I reported the problem to Chase's developer email address. Hopefully someone takes a look.

vdot

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with my new GS4 (and I did not have this issue with my Droid-X). I called Chase Mobile support and explained to them that I was not able to deposit checks through QuickDeposit. They asked me to switch between 'Fit All' and 'Actual Size' options when the picture is first taken before pressing the 'Use' button. That is, whatever view you see when you first take the picture, tap the image to go to the other. That did work! I am not sure it will in the future but I will be back to report if it was just a fluke.

TheBrinMan

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same problem Billpitt. Brand new Nexus 7, tried enabling developer options, changing the processes to the max (4), changing back, disabling developer options.
Still same problem. Vertical colored lines.

Bill Lappen

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
With the Developer Options on on the S4, the app can't connect to the camera. Turn it off (settings, More, Developer options) and it works just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks