bbdub

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I really want to pick up the S4. I know when it came out a lot of people said that lag was really bad. However, it seemed like the updates were supposed to help that out yet the first thing people bring up about the S4 when comparing it to other phones is the lag. Have the updates fixed the lag for the most part? I have checked through threads but would love to see some thoughts on this specific issue. Thanks and any replies are appreciated!

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, much improved with the MF3 update, from what I read...however that update breaks the bootloader exploit.

It was much improved already on the previous firmware by flashing some excellent custom ROMs that are VERY smooth.

j c m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a bone-stock AT&T S4 that I purchased on release day and have never experienced ANY lag whatsoever. I don't know if I am just lucky or what, but I am one happy camper.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
My s4 is less laggy after some setting adjustments, it's still not comparable to the fluidity of the note 2. Next step will be double fdrs and hoping for the best.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My S4 is absolutely and completely and tremendously and insanely without any lag and has been since I got it 2 months ago.

I say get the phone and see for yourself, take it back if yours is from that alternate universe where S4s lag.

Sent from my humble S4

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I wish that I could absolutely say the same. I just picked a 32gb a little over a week ago. The first few days were fine. I have gone between Touch Wiz, Nova, Action Launcher and even Apex. The last few days, the lag has been unbearable!!!! I am waiting to see what the Note III looks like, as I will most likely make the switch! I almost to the point of wanting to throw this phone. I have the MF3 update and can't root either, smh....

My S4 is absolutely and completely and tremendously and insanely without any lag and has been since I got it 2 months ago.

I say get the phone and see for yourself, take it back if yours is from that alternate universe where S4s lag.

Sent from my humble S4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
AT&T

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

As is mine. I don't notice this lag. So, that makes me wonder...do I have the lag and have the lag and have become used to it or do I not have the lag at all. Up until now I would have said the latter definitively. I'll pay closer attention.

Sent from my Xperia Z tab

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad