Why is Google Play Music draining my battery?

Markersk

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Power Amp is my primary music player. I don't believe I have ever launched Google Play Music, but I often find it running under active apps. (Is Power Amp using Google Play Music??) Today my phone was hot, and it was the primary user of the battery, yet again, I did not ever "run" the app. So what can I do to prevent this app from running. When I go to application manager, it only gives choices for "Forced Stop" and "uninstall updates". When I push disable-I get a window- "Do you want to replace this app with the factory version"?

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
When I push disable-I get a window- "Do you want to replace this app with the factory version"?

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
Tap, "Yes." ;) It's just telling you that it will uninstall updates to Google Play Music if you disable it, which is perfectly fine. I agree it's a weird way to ask that question. I'm not sure if this actually solves the root of the problem or not, but it should stop Google Play Music from draining your battery.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
i disabled mine, my phone is bone stock and i always had the google music app running in active apps.. and i never used it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084