Removing Apps from "Share Via" List

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I open up my share menu to send content (via text, social media, etc.) there are a lot of options that I simply do not ever use. Is there a way to remove specific apps from this menu?

In case my description isn't clear:

gytypebu.jpg

This thread may need to be filed under the Hacking section, but I wanted to see if there was an option for non-rooted devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, this list is populated automatically and, actually, is a big deal for Android: it means you can share info across nearly all apps. Unlike iOS, that only gives you a handful of options, you can pretty much send anything from anywhere to everywhere in Android, and most of us love that. I get that going through a huge list that only grows larger with every app you install when you only use a handful of options most of the time can be annoying, but the only way I've seen for non-rooted devices to do this is if the app developer implements a different share menu (for instance, Google + shows you a short list first and then you have the option to see the rest of the available apps to share something with).

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Use an app called Andmade Share. It's in the App Store. It'll allow you to select only the items you want on the share list, from then on that's all you'll see. Pretty nifty.

YUmans

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I tried this on my GS5 but i dont think it works for the gallery. When i select a picture and hit share it still comes up my huge list of options (the app happens to be one of the options, but that just adds a pointless extra step, without solving the problem).

Am I doing something wrong?