samsung galaxy s4 SGH-I337 it was supported by samsung kies now it shows me this?

Tarek Tawfik

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
i bought the samsung galaxy s4 new, i rooted it before then i unrooted by uninstalling the root and trying to upgrade the firm from Sasmung Kies it worked the 1st time, then i wanted to upgrade the firmware just to have a new stock ROM and start downloading my apps againe but it shows me this message when i plug it in
SGH-I337 error.jpg
i've tried the following to solve the problem but any didn't work:
1-uninstalled Kies and re-installed (made sure the Samsung drivers are uninstalled as well)
2-uninstalled Kies and tried to install the USB DRIVERS from the phone by using the USB DEBUGGING
3-tried different USB ports
4- different computer
5- kies lite and normal mode
non of these worked please i need help this problem.
you can e-mail me if i didn't reply on your reply fast means i didnt recieve the notification because its my first time on this forum
thank you

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
i bought the samsung galaxy s4 new, i rooted it before then i unrooted by uninstalling the root and trying to upgrade the firm from Sasmung Kies it worked the 1st time, then i wanted to upgrade the firmware just to have a new stock ROM and start downloading my apps againe but it shows me this message when i plug it in
View attachment 82811
i've tried the following to solve the problem but any didn't work:
1-uninstalled Kies and re-installed (made sure the Samsung drivers are uninstalled as well)
2-uninstalled Kies and tried to install the USB DRIVERS from the phone by using the USB DEBUGGING
3-tried different USB ports
4- different computer
5- kies lite and normal mode
non of these worked please i need help this problem.
you can e-mail me if i didn't reply on your reply fast means i didnt recieve the notification because its my first time on this forum
thank you

Is that the At&t model? because there latest software update broke the root access

Tarek Tawfik

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
yes it is the AT&T Mode..i really dont understand what do mean u by they broke the root access but i had the root on it and it was working..i need help in upgrading the firmware or to actually restock it with it's stock ROM..

jazzyjag70

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I had same problem with AT&T S4 SGH-I337 only way to get back to stock ROM is to bring it to Samsung at Best Buy store and have them reflash it back to stock ROM. KIES needs to be updated for the lock that AT&T put on the bootloader. Believe me it's the only way.

Tarek Tawfik

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I had same problem with AT&T S4 SGH-I337 only way to get back to stock ROM is to bring it to Samsung at Best Buy store and have them reflash it back to stock ROM. KIES needs to be updated for the lock that AT&T put on the bootloader. Believe me it's the only way.
does that gets the phone out of the warranty or insurance? ...
and the only way i've rooted the phone is to remove the stock apps its taking 6.30GB out of the 16GB not fair i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Unrooted *

Sent from where the wild things are.

any recommendation how did you fix this issue ?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
yes it is the AT&T Mode..i really dont understand what do mean u by they broke the root access but i had the root on it and it was working..i need help in upgrading the firmware or to actually restock it with it's stock ROM..

Trust me when I say this... The last AT&T update for the S4 was minor... but they purposely denied access for unlocking your bootloader (root) (update MF3)
when if first came out, this wasnt an issue.
Here is the current method on this OTA update New Root Method for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 (OTA MF3) - xda-developers

Tarek Tawfik

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Trust me when I say this... The last AT&T update for the S4 was minor... but they purposely denied access for unlocking your bootloader (root) (update MF3)
when if first came out, this wasnt an issue.
Here is the current method on this OTA update New Root Method for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 (OTA MF3) - xda-developers
i really believe what are you saying and i understand but my issue is not the rooting i did the rooting once and i unrooted before with no problems...my issue is i want to UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE from KIES but its telling me its not supported..

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
i really believe what are you saying and i understand but my issue is not the rooting i did the rooting once and i unrooted before with no problems...my issue is i want to UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE from KIES but its telling me its not supported..

Oh well I feel sheepish. I obviously cant read.
Have you tried ODIN first?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
yes i've tried ODIN too to restock it tells me fails every time..and even tho the root i had it wasn't thru the ODIN it was the CFMODE.

What ODIN are you using? I had terrible luck with 3.09. I think it was 3.06 that worked the best and was able to communicate with the phone. 3.09 couldnt for some reason.
And I know it sounds stupid... But have you checked the drivers? I had to update mine manually. Even though I had kies installed.

Tarek Tawfik

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
What ODIN are you using? I had terrible luck with 3.09. I think it was 3.06 that worked the best and was able to communicate with the phone. 3.09 couldnt for some reason.
And I know it sounds stupid... But have you checked the drivers? I had to update mine manually. Even though I had kies installed.
yes i tried that to i tried everything possible would help but turns no good results..and i really dont remember what ODIN version i've tried i believe it was the really old version which was v1.85 and the latest version which was 3.09..i'm not sure but would you give the link for the v3.06

Tarek Tawfik

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
i tried that too..but i really dont remember which ODIN i used but possible it was v1.85 and the latest which was v3.09...do u mind giving me the link for v3.06?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site

jim sveta

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone got the sgh-i337 working with kies looking to sync and use doubletwist. Spent time with samsung to no avail, some forums suggest it doesn't work and to install a usb connection app, this worked, but doubletwist can't see the phone.

Kies Air works but that's it.

It isn't drivers, it isn't cable sgh-t989 connects without issue

gsparks2

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
to make kies recognize your galaxy s4 go to dial pad *#0808#
choose (AP)
under that choose (MTP+ADB)
REBOOT
Then connect to kies

Works great, thank you.
Edit to clarify: Now I can connect to Kies and back up stuff. My firmware is not supported and it will not sync contacts and calendar and tasks with Outlook.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae