How do I get rid of Armor AntiVirus popup??

Tikatoo

May 4, 2013
Visit site
This is driving me nuts. It pops up every 3 minuted and "scans my apps". I never downloaded this, I have no clue where it came from or how to get rid of it. Any help will be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you actually have the Armor app installed? Look under System Settings/Apps/All, and see if Armor shows up there. If it's there, uninstall it. You might have to go to System Settings/Security/Device Administrators, and uncheck Armor first.

Tikatoo

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Do you actually have the Armor app installed? Look under System Settings/Apps/All, and see if Armor shows up there. If it's there, uninstall it. You might have to go to System Settings/Security/Device Administrators, and uncheck Armor first.

No, it's not installed anywhere on my phone. It pops up, does its fake scan and then lists a ton of "fun apps" to get. I have Avast installed and it doesn't see this Armor thing as a virus or malware.

Pragatha M

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Am facing the same problem. i clicked that Register with link and i registered now how do i get rid of that pop up please can you explain elaborately

Pragatha M

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I installed that lookout ad network detector and started scanning my apps. it showed a list of apps that shows a pop ups. when i start to uninstall even during that time period am getting a pop up from Armor and its starts scanning my mobile.

Pragatha M

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
It shows all the apps in my mobile. so i need to uninstall all nothing should be there. After doing it all , can i again download those apps or not ? so i uninstalled only 19 apps as of now.

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I think you'd ignore the detector's items #5, #6 and #7.
The other items are serious ... but for your actual problem you might only uninstall the apps at the items #1 and #3

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
There isn't an item shown which could cause this ad Armor pop up.

Other question, do you often access your Google account by web browser on a PC?

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
It's not my own experience but some times ago I found this post.
Maybe something sounds familiar and could help you ...
I found out the culprit of all the unwanted app installation on my phone was AppCaster on my PC. It was actually on my desktop computer which I seldom shuts down, and not until a recent restart did I notice the login window of AppCaster. I have seen it before but I used to think it was some kind of google sync service since I use Google drive. I uninstalled this programm (which was called Mobile App Sync in the control panel) and no unwanted apps have bother me ever since!

Edit: This video about Armor AntiVirus on YouTube is interesting too ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMiarJAJW0w

Last edited:

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I re-read your first post and now I think you've installed this Armor app on your phone already.

Before you are able to uninstall it, first you've to go to Settings->Location and Security->Select Device admins->Uncheck Armor
Then you'd go to Settings, Apps, choose Armor, force stop it, delete its data and uninstall it.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have gone to my setting > App. There is no Armor.View attachment 89954

What custom font is that? Are you rooted or is there a way to change the system font without root? I usually use rom toll box and yes you should go to running applications simply swipe over to running if it's popping up adds it's
1 annoying you
2 sucking battery life
3 pulling random data which makes your bill higher

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12