Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default How do I get rid of Armor AntiVirus popup??

This is driving me nuts. It pops up every 3 minuted and "scans my apps". I never downloaded this, I have no clue where it came from or how to get rid of it. Any help will be appreciated.

Default Re: How do I get rid of Armor AntiVirus popup??

Do you actually have the Armor app installed? Look under System Settings/Apps/All, and see if Armor shows up there. If it's there, uninstall it. You might have to go to System Settings/Security/Device Administrators, and uncheck Armor first.
    Trintukas likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Do you actually have the Armor app installed? Look under System Settings/Apps/All, and see if Armor shows up there. If it's there, uninstall it. You might have to go to System Settings/Security/Device Administrators, and uncheck Armor first.
    No, it's not installed anywhere on my phone. It pops up, does its fake scan and then lists a ton of "fun apps" to get. I have Avast installed and it doesn't see this Armor thing as a virus or malware.

Might be an ad network. Install Lookout Ad Network Detector. If it finds something, it will give you information on how to opt out of the ad network.
    Thanked by 3:
    Trintukas likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Might be an ad network. Install Lookout Ad Network Detector. If it finds something, it will give you information on how to opt out of the ad network.
    A thousand thank yous! It was something to do with Yellow Pages app, I guess. Avast picked it up at the same time when I ran Lookout. Deleted Yellow Pages app ... so far, so good! /bow
    B. Diddy likes this.

Hi Am facing the same problem. i clicked that Register with link and i registered now how do i get rid of that pop up please can you explain elaborately

Quote Originally Posted by Pragatha M View Post
    Hi Am facing the same problem. i clicked that Register with link and i registered now how do i get rid of that pop up please can you explain elaborately
    Can't you do it in the same way as Tikatoo?

I installed that lookout ad network detector and started scanning my apps. it showed a list of apps that shows a pop ups. when i start to uninstall even during that time period am getting a pop up from Armor and its starts scanning my mobile.

... and after uninstalling these apps in question the Armor ad pops up further?
    Thanked by:

It shows all the apps in my mobile. so i need to uninstall all nothing should be there. After doing it all , can i again download those apps or not ? so i uninstalled only 19 apps as of now.

I think you'd ignore the detector's items #5, #6 and #7.
    The other items are serious ... but for your actual problem you might only uninstall the apps at the items #1 and #3

This is what my mobile shows
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do I get rid of Armor AntiVirus popup??-screenshot_2013-11-01-19-51-54.png  
    Thanked by:
    Adamsberg likes this.

There isn't an item shown which could cause this ad Armor pop up.

Other question, do you often access your Google account by web browser on a PC?

YEs

It's not my own experience but some times ago I found this post.
    Maybe something sounds familiar and could help you ...
    I found out the culprit of all the unwanted app installation on my phone was AppCaster on my PC. It was actually on my desktop computer which I seldom shuts down, and not until a recent restart did I notice the login window of AppCaster. I have seen it before but I used to think it was some kind of google sync service since I use Google drive. I uninstalled this programm (which was called Mobile App Sync in the control panel) and no unwanted apps have bother me ever since!
    Edit: This video about Armor AntiVirus on YouTube is interesting too ...

I re-read your first post and now I think you've installed this Armor app on your phone already.

Before you are able to uninstall it, first you've to go to Settings->Location and Security->Select Device admins->Uncheck Armor
    Then you'd go to Settings, Apps, choose Armor, force stop it, delete its data and uninstall it.

I have gone to my setting > App. There is no Armor.How do I get rid of Armor AntiVirus popup??-screenshot_2013-11-03-23-44-03.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sherilyn Alwaysyourlady View Post
    I have gone to my setting > App. There is no Armor.
    Unlike Pragatha M you haven't installend the Armor app, that's because it isn't on your Settings > Apps ...

BTW, had you a look at your PC for this AppCaster/Mobile App Sync ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pragatha M View Post
    This is what my mobile shows
    I didn't need to download anything I used the recent apps key and it showed me what app it was running the pop up through and removed with out any trouble no more pop up

Quote Originally Posted by Sherilyn Alwaysyourlady View Post
    I have gone to my setting > App. There is no Armor.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-03-23-44-03.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	89954
    What custom font is that? Are you rooted or is there a way to change the system font without root? I usually use rom toll box and yes you should go to running applications simply swipe over to running if it's popping up adds it's
    1 annoying you
    2 sucking battery life
    3 pulling random data which makes your bill higher

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Recent apps key?? what is that and how did you use it? I have been bombarded with these recent popups now for about 3 or 4 days, and it is bugging the crap out of me

Quote Originally Posted by mistercherrymann View Post
    Recent apps key?? what is that and how did you use it? I have been bombarded with these recent popups now for about 3 or 4 days, and it is bugging the crap out of me
    Hold down the home button for recent apps by default

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Hello, I have tried Everything in this thread, and this stupid thing keeps popping up. What else can I try?

I have the same problem. It came after installing some program from playstore. I asked me to change some stuff in system and I said ok. That is why it is now installed inside system of my phone. I also don't know how to get rid of it. I uninstalled those programs but still this add is there. It is "it is adds by Google".

Quote Originally Posted by walshbig View Post
    I have the same problem. It came after installing some program from playstore. I asked me to change some stuff in system and I said ok. That is why it is now installed inside system of my phone. I also don't know how to get rid of it. I uninstalled those programs but still this add is there. It is "it is adds by Google".
    Try this...
    settings>accounts>google account. Under privacy there should be an ads button. This will redirect you to a website where you can opt out of these ads. Hope this helps
    Thanked by:
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast