Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Galaxy S4 - Strange, I'm receiving double texts

So last Thursday I got myself an S4 from AT&T. One thing I found unusual was that I wasn't receiving texts from my cousin's iPhone. I browsed through the settings and later I activated the preinstalled app AT&T messages hoping it could work but no luck. I later found out that my cousin should go through the settings of her iPhone and turn on Send as SMS feature. So now I recieve texts from her but strangely I receive it twice. I figured that AT&T Messages might be the problem. So I uninstalled updates so the AT&T messages app reverts back to factory settings and disabled it to see if it works (I googled this and found an older thread from here) but no luck. I later found out that the AT&T Messages app I activated earlier is using a network storage service.

What do you folks think? If I call AT&T and ask them to remove the network storage service that AT&T Messages app uses, you think I stop receiving duplicate texts?

I'm a former iOS user and so far my transition to Android aint going smoothly for me. Other than receiving duplicate texts, I had software issues with Samsung Kies for PC. I spent so many hours trying to get the software to detect my phone. After restarting my phone and hooking it up to another USB port I was finally able to back up my data but strangely, it thinks my phone is a non-Samsung phone but I am using a Samsung phone. Also, I'm annoyed that there's preinstalled apps with some that do the same things. Do I really need more than one app that do the same as that other app?

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S4 - Strange, I'm receiving double texts

having the same problem receiving duplicate messages. I am a former Iphone user and switched to the Galaxy S4 and so far I am not liking this phone at all. there seem to be so many issues with Samsung. I don't get any texts from my friends who have the iphone, which is so annoying. I contacted Samsung and they told me I had to unregister my phone through apple which I did and that still didn't work. This phone seems to be more of a hassle that it's worth having. there doesn't seem to be a fix to this... that I have yet to see

I turned I messages off for like an hour or more before I deactivated my phone and cut it off and I haven't had any trouble at all. I also went ahead and sent a couple of text messages with my iPhone as just text and made sure that I got text messages back. Haven't tried keis with my gs3 so I can't help you there. If you already don't like it maybe iPhone would be better for you anyway. Android isn't for everyone and iOS isn't for everyone. Hope you end up liking it but if not then I hope you find something you do like. Either way welcome.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentHero View Post
    I'm a former iOS user and so far my transition to Android aint going smoothly for me.
    Ahhh...so you're another one of them Apple-heads [that are smarter than the average Apple user so thus] think they know stuff about computers and/or electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentHero View Post
    Other than receiving duplicate texts, I had software issues with Samsung Kies for PC. I spent so many hours trying to get the software to detect my phone. After restarting my phone and hooking it up to another USB port I was finally able to back up my data but strangely, it thinks my phone is a non-Samsung phone but I am using a Samsung phone. Also, I'm annoyed that there's preinstalled apps with some that do the same things. Do I really need more than one app that do the same as that other app?
    There are some quick solutions that anyone with a brain would have tried...which (I hate to admit it) probably includes you. But just in case you didn't/haven't :

1. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the most recent Samsung USB driver for your computer......
    2. Change the USB computer connection of your S4 from "Charge Only" to "Connect as a media device"
    3. Check that you are using your Galaxy S4 charger and not some other [and most likely outdated] phone's charger - such as a Motorolla ELITE Flip or some crap like that
    4. Did you even remove your S4 properly after the time it DID work? If you do it incorrectly, your phone will either be stuck in a sort of "non-connectability" stasis or your computer simply ejected that USB drive that your S4 was connected to (making it essentially a useless drive until you restart your computer), or both.

Use your phone more before you start being bias over how the iPhone is "sO mUcH bEttER" or something. The fact that the Galaxy S4 has a few apps that share features doesn't make it a bad phone with too many functions. On the contrary, it gives the S4 an edge in user-personal tuning : for example, the S4's Video Player is an amazing video playing app where the left side of the screen can control backlight while the right side can control the volume.....however, the Photos app can also play videos without any of those features, but it does have the back button feature - where you tap back once and it rewinds your video a few seconds rather than taking you all the way back to the beginning like the Video Player app does.

tl;dr - stop being stupid and the phone will solve its problems by itself