Google Maps/GPS usage equals hot phone?
This weekend I used Google Maps for a short trip. While driving along with mostly the screen off and just listening to the turn by turn as they happened, I notice used about 30% of the battery and the back of the phone was quite warm to the touch. This is the first time I have use the S4 and Google Maps together. Is this common?
- 10-21-2013, 03:01 PM #2
Re: Google Maps/GPS usage equals hot phone?
Yup, if it was a constant use of the GPS (especially if you're on the move and the mobile signal gets low) it's normal for the phone to heat up (but not boiling hot, mind you). As for the battery drain, it depends on the trip, how long it was, if you had good coverage or a weak signal, even if you made a straight line or took too many turns.
- By Mike Lang1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2013, 04:19 PM
- By sal the wop in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 89Last Post: 10-27-2013, 08:11 PM
- By daekeem in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2013, 10:46 PM
- By zleb in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2013, 08:03 PM
- By omcviper in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 10-21-2013, 12:06 PM