- 18 Posts
S4 screen too dark
I had my S4 for about 2 months when the screen started acting weird. There was a green tint. Over the period of a couple days, the screen eventually went black. After a few weeks I charged the battery and was able to start the phone. I can now see the screen but it it pretty dark. I have tried the standard screen slider adjustments to no avail.
I contacted ATT for a replacement. They scared me about a replacement because there is a 1/4 inch scratch on the bevel. Of course, the phone has been dropped but the issue did not seem to be related to a drop. I have no extended warranty. ATT said they might charge me full price for a replacement phone if they determine I damaged it. I would have to send it off since there is no local tech stores nearby.
- 10-27-2013, 11:35 PM #2
- 18 Posts
Re: S4 screen too dark
Thanks for the interest and concern.
I got some of it resolved, sort of.
I fiddled with some of S4 display settings. I also used 3rd party app called "Filter my Screen". I set the app settings to maximum and the phone screen display brightness has improved greatly, except through the viewfinder when using the camera. The display through the camera's viewfinder is very dark. The pictures oddly enough are not dark but do not appear be at 13 meg quality.
ATT's warranty folks really scared me off of sending it in and that was before I discovered the camera's lens cover appears cracked. I have no extended warranty.
So, I have multiple issues with the phone. There doesn't seem like a whole alot I can do but its still a pretty good cellphone.
Last edited by rlridgeway; 10-28-2013 at 02:24 PM.
- By Niko Peregrino in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 12Last Post: 11-08-2013, 05:02 AM
- By The SPCS Guy in forum Chargers and BatteriesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2013, 09:22 AM
- By Chinaka Pierre in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2013, 08:58 AM
- By AlbinoPolarBear in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2013, 06:39 AM
- By semp1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 10-23-2013, 05:45 AM