Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 - HELP! SMS Notification not working

Samsung Galaxy S4

So I downloaded GO SMS PRO for the emojis and I used it for a while, but after a while I got tired of it and I barely used emojis so I cleared the SMS defaults. I never did delete GO SMS PRO because I like the option of still being able to see emojis when my friends do send it.

I went back to the stock messaging as my default, but my notifications stopped working. Everything is set properly; the stock sms is my default, the enable notifications are checked off, blocking mode is turned off. Even the messaging notifications and the preview message for status bar and lock screen are on. But everytime I get a text from someone, nothing shows up. It doesn't ring, it doesn't vibrate, it doesn't show on the notification bar or lock screen, and it even doesn't even show a red number on the icon to indicate that i have a message.

I've tried restarting it, taking out the battery and sim card. and even turning off the notifications for GO SMS PRO. Nothing seems to work. This is driving me insane.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 - HELP! SMS Notification not working

See if there is an option in go SMS to disable the stock message app notification

Posted via Android Central App
    Phhhhbbbbtttt

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock ROM:Rooted

I would start by going into settings>applications and clear the data and cache for go sms pro. Then shut down your phone and remove the battery for 5 or more minutes. Put the battery back in and boot up. Let us know if that fixes it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I ended up deleting go sms pro and replacing it with textra. Thank you for the help though. I tried everything I could possibly do but it qas hopeless.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

Melchorm - I am having the same problem. I like the AT&T Messaging because that's where my voicemails are are stored. I tried Textra but I there was something I didn't like. I can't remember, is that the one with adware?

I may have deleted something when I got root access, now my sms doesnt work. Can someone help?