Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default What's new with the update?

    I updated to 4.3 last night and I don't see any difference yet. What did we get to change things?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,743 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Quote Originally Posted by daddy69 View Post
    I updated to 4.3 last night and I don't see any difference yet. What did we get to change things?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Here is the blogpost from yesterday: AT&T Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 update now rolling out | Android Central
  3. #3  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    I do dnot see the new KNOX APP in my update. Could someone tell me if another will be release to include this and other feathers that was talked about..
  4. #4  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Here are the changes i've seen since the update.

    More fluid touch wiz experience, less stuttering/lag
    Camera app opens MUCH quicker
    Assuming Galaxy Gear compatible, don't have a gear so i can't test
    I don't see KNOX in my app drawer, but when looking under all apps with the application manager on my phone its most definitely installed (not sure how to work it though)
    In the app drawer you can drag and drop to uninstall apps
    Blocking Mode no longer has a persistent notification in your pull down menu
    Last edited by AlphaVictor87; 11-14-2013 at 03:43 PM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Yeah. You're Wright I see the Knox app in my apps manager. Not sure what it does yet but will keep my I on it. Phone is much more fluid is correct. Decent update.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #6  
    mayniak's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    besides the keyboard and the more snappy feel. i don't see much of a change. I'm assuming that KNOX app is something for the near future but they're mentioning it now
  7. #7  
    jaltman's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    I liked having the direct link to the battery usage and it disappeared. There is now a "usage manager" that consolidates the battery manager, app usage and data usage into a single icon. Nice.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Knox is in settings, security, device administrator

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    But what does Knox do?
    On other carriers (Verizon) I have seen a launcher in the Menu which can be used to create a seperate profile which will have the basic app like email, calendar which would be different from your normal profile.

    Something like that would be useful instead of just having a checkbox to enable it in security.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    What was the change to the key board? And what is the Knox app supposed to do? Is it a security app?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
  11. #11  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Did they remove the data toggle from the quick setting menu?? The f man
  12. #12  
    atistang's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    My understanding on knox is it is an enterprise level security feature. So unless your job is a network admin, or you have a company phone, it means nothing to you

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  
    atistang's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Well lookout started draining my battery today





    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    I wish I could remove it from the notification bar. Thanks for point that out in the pull-down menu. That is good.

    I noticed that AV was installed and my AutoCorrect was re-enabled.
    Otherwise it looks fine. I was able to download it in 12 attempts.


    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaVictor87 View Post
    Here are the changes i've seen since the update.

    More fluid touch wiz experience, less stuttering/lag
    Camera app opens MUCH quicker
    Assuming Galaxy Gear compatible, don't have a gear so i can't test
    I don't see KNOX in my app drawer, but when looking under all apps with the application manager on my phone its most definitely installed (not sure how to work it though)
    In the app drawer you can drag and drop to uninstall apps
    Blocking Mode no longer has a persistent notification in your pull down menu
  15. #15  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Can we safely remove Lookout?

    If I wanted it; I would have installed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by atistang View Post
    Well lookout started draining my battery today





    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    I turned it off
  17. #17  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    I turned it off too. I use AVG and perfectly happy with it.

    Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4
  18. #18  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1201 View Post
    Knox is in settings, security, device administrator

    Posted via Android Central App
    So is there any reason for the average S4 user to activate Knox?
  19. #19  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    What changed with the keyboard? The pop-ups or something else?

    Quote Originally Posted by mayniak View Post
    besides the keyboard and the more snappy feel. i don't see much of a change. I'm assuming that KNOX app is something for the near future but they're mentioning it now
  20. #20  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Quote Originally Posted by tem#AC View Post
    So is there any reason for the average S4 user to activate Knox?
    no need unless your in an enterprise network that requires it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Summest View Post
    What changed with the keyboard? The pop-ups or something else?
    we now have emojis
  21. #21  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Quote Originally Posted by xisruno View Post

    we now have emojis
    I don't see those. How do you access them from the keyboard. Maybe I can learn something new today. I went through all the buttons I could push. I must be missing something.

    Thanks,
    Summest.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summest View Post
    I don't see those. How do you access them from the keyboard. Maybe I can learn something new today. I went through all the buttons I could push. I must be missing something.

    Thanks,
    Summest.
    Hold down the microphone it will bring up an option to choose them.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  23. #23  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Thanks!

    I did manage to pull them up on the Swipe Keyboard. I've been using the Samsung keyboard for so long I forgot about the other one availabel.

    Quote Originally Posted by xisruno View Post
    Hold down the microphone it will bring up an option to choose them.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  24. #24  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Does anyone know how to activate the auto dial complete feature? I looked in settings and I don't see anything.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: What's new with the update?

    Quote Originally Posted by xisruno View Post
    no need unless your in an enterprise network that requires it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    we now have emojis
    Ok, another dummy question. What is "emojis"?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Will 4.3 AT&T S4 update break my root?
    By hollidizzle in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 11:36 AM
  2. Speaker volume after KitKat Update
    By methods in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 06:29 PM
  3. 7 months later... is the S4 still a phone worth buying?
    By rockitdog23 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 05:45 AM
  4. [Live wallpaper] KM New Plasticine City
    By Sergey Mikhaylov in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and Themes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2013, 10:29 AM
  5. New Phone
    By skullymullins in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions

B