Is it possible to have to many launchers on your phone?

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was having issues with my SGS4 bugging out, so I took it to the AT&T store to have them take a look at it. The screen kept on blacking out and it was extremely laggy. The guy looked at it and said that I had to many launchers on it and that's what was causing it to act that way. The funny thing is, I have all those lauchers and a few more on my SGS3 and it's fine. No issues what-so-ever. So I pose the question, can one have to many launchers on a phone? I would appreciate any feedback!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can have as many as you want; your phone will only use the one currently active. UNLESS the app itself has some pretty serious memory leak issues and it stays running even after you switched to another launcher (TouchWiz is always running underneath, not at full throttle, but some parts of it anyway).

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
With Gorilla Glass 2 or 3, unless you wear a tungsten carbide ring or work in a sandy environment, I don't see a need for a screen protector. My GS3 and GN2 went caseless with no issues save a tungsten carbide ring incident (that admittedly was only seen by my OCD self). I rock my GN3 naked.

On the flip side, my 13 year old's GS4 is in an Otterbox.

Ya know, that's what I'd thought. However, being a reluctant member of the Order Odonata I'm always scanning for flaws. Prey.

When I had an old Note 2 that I'd decided was all well protected in its Gorilla Glassnesses and decided to break the Prime Directive* and roll without a screen protector only to one day find a nearly undetectable scratch that cut my relationship with that phone much shorter than desired (I don't do phone flaws, I can't, I tried). So...I'll not be allowed to roll without screen protection again.

Once scratched, twice shy.

G2

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ya know, that's what I'd thought. However, being a reluctant member of the Order Odonata I'm always scanning for flaws. Prey.

When I had an old Note 2 that I'd decided was all well protected in its Gorilla Glassnesses and decided to break the Prime Directive* and roll without a screen protector only to one day find a nearly undetectable scratch that cut my relationship with that phone much shorter than desired (I don't do phone flaws, I can't, I tried). So...I'll not be allowed to roll without screen protection again.

Once scratched, twice shy.

G2
Cross-post, maybe? :p