Software update interuppted

mikeelikesto

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I received a Samsung gear watch as a gift, was told to download 4.3 for compatibility. When attempting to find software through phone, it searches, then message says "software update interrupted, current software is up to date. try again in 24 hours" I spoke with both Samsung and ATT, neither knows how to help me. when you look at the version, it is 4.2.2.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
You're not alone. I'm experiencing the same thing although it's with my S4. I'm working with AT&T & one common issue is the make and build of the device. I continue to wait.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

digitaldroid

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I went through the same thing and finally got it to download this past friday night. I have been trying since it was released kept getting the same thing it would download then just disappear and stop, try again in 24hrs. So i gave up for about 3 days tried again this past friday. It got half way and message popped up again BUT to my surprise it must of started again by itself and finished then updated my phone.

So its just at&t's crappy OTA update process or servers I guess you have to keep trying and be patient lol but trust me it gets frustrating. There have been several post all over the net so we are not alone with this problem and call AT&T is no help at all.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have an S4 as well, at&t assured me I was the only one experiencing this issue, they say they have not run into this before.

I have had the issue for update inturrupted now since they released that patch many moons ago for 4.2. It will not update pass the 4.2 security fix so it will never download the 4.3 update. Mix this with they refuse to release it on kies for me to update it that way.

I am wanting to know how to fix this as well.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
So is it a AT&T issue or samsung? sorry I ever dumped my iPhone now!

According to my contact the issue is on the AT&T side. Hence, their seeing a mismatch between my phone number & IMEI. I hope to know something final by tomorrow.

TxSteeler

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
At&t is full of it,it's certain phones that have this issue,They could not find my ph based on serial#!!
AT&t said that a Samsung rep wanted me to send the phone in so "They" could update it!!!!,2nd asked if I was on WiFi,3rd asked if I was using Keis,4th said for me to take it
to a Best buy! That they had a way to update the phone.AT&T gave me the same line of BS.. said that they haven't seen or heard of this problem.Had me restore my phone 3 times and still the same thing. At least now I know that I'm not the only one.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
At&t is full of it,it's certain phones that have this issue,They could not find my ph based on serial#!!
AT&t said that a Samsung rep wanted me to send the phone in so "They" could update it!!!!,2nd asked if I was on WiFi,3rd asked if I was using Keis,4th said for me to take it
to a Best buy! That they had a way to update the phone.AT&T gave me the same line of BS.. said that they haven't seen or heard of this problem.Had me restore my phone 3 times and still the same thing. At least now I know that I'm not the only one.

Use Twitter when dealing with AT&T. I've always had excellent service via this route. The phone/IMEI mismatch is not a fluke. They now understand that the problem is more rampant than first thought.

TxSteeler

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Thx for the update,I just wished that they would have told me that.
They had me thinking that my ph was jacked..So we wait until they get it resolved?

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thx for the update,I just wished that they would have told me that.
They had me thinking that my ph was jacked..So we wait until they get it resolved?

No problem. Depends on who you're talking to. All we can do is wait if you want the "official" update from AT&T. :(

mikeelikesto

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I think the best thing for me to do is just take the Gear watch back to best buy, not worry about upgrading software because other than the gear watch not working, everything else is fine. sick of dealing with At&T. Liars.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad