Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Software update interuppted

I received a Samsung gear watch as a gift, was told to download 4.3 for compatibility. When attempting to find software through phone, it searches, then message says "software update interrupted, current software is up to date. try again in 24 hours" I spoke with both Samsung and ATT, neither knows how to help me. when you look at the version, it is 4.2.2.

Default Re: Software update interuppted

You're not alone. I'm experiencing the same thing although it's with my S4. I'm working with AT&T & one common issue is the make and build of the device. I continue to wait.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well, I have an S4 as well, at&t assured me I was the only one experiencing this issue, they say they have not run into this before.

I went through the same thing and finally got it to download this past friday night. I have been trying since it was released kept getting the same thing it would download then just disappear and stop, try again in 24hrs. So i gave up for about 3 days tried again this past friday. It got half way and message popped up again BUT to my surprise it must of started again by itself and finished then updated my phone.

So its just at&t's crappy OTA update process or servers I guess you have to keep trying and be patient lol but trust me it gets frustrating. There have been several post all over the net so we are not alone with this problem and call AT&T is no help at all.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks..hopefully works, otherwise going to return the gear watch

Quote Originally Posted by mikeelikesto View Post
    Well, I have an S4 as well, at&t assured me I was the only one experiencing this issue, they say they have not run into this before.
    I have had the issue for update inturrupted now since they released that patch many moons ago for 4.2. It will not update pass the 4.2 security fix so it will never download the 4.3 update. Mix this with they refuse to release it on kies for me to update it that way.

I am wanting to know how to fix this as well.
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So is it a AT&T issue or samsung? sorry I ever dumped my iPhone now!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeelikesto View Post
    So is it a AT&T issue or samsung? sorry I ever dumped my iPhone now!
    According to my contact the issue is on the AT&T side. Hence, their seeing a mismatch between my phone number & IMEI. I hope to know something final by tomorrow.

Same issue here... I'm hating ATT and their stupid bloatware and crap updating.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks

At&t is full of it,it's certain phones that have this issue,They could not find my ph based on serial#!!
    AT&t said that a Samsung rep wanted me to send the phone in so "They" could update it!!!!,2nd asked if I was on WiFi,3rd asked if I was using Keis,4th said for me to take it
    to a Best buy! That they had a way to update the phone.AT&T gave me the same line of BS.. said that they haven't seen or heard of this problem.Had me restore my phone 3 times and still the same thing. At least now I know that I'm not the only one.
    mikeelikesto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TxSteeler View Post
    At&t is full of it,it's certain phones that have this issue,They could not find my ph based on serial#!!
    AT&t said that a Samsung rep wanted me to send the phone in so "They" could update it!!!!,2nd asked if I was on WiFi,3rd asked if I was using Keis,4th said for me to take it
    to a Best buy! That they had a way to update the phone.AT&T gave me the same line of BS.. said that they haven't seen or heard of this problem.Had me restore my phone 3 times and still the same thing. At least now I know that I'm not the only one.
    Use Twitter when dealing with AT&T. I've always had excellent service via this route. The phone/IMEI mismatch is not a fluke. They now understand that the problem is more rampant than first thought.

mikeelikesto likes this.

I guess we all have to wait until AT&T gets it corrected

I guess we all have to wait until AT&T gets it corrected
    Yup unless you want to go the sideload route like on XDA. Not for me...Murphy's Law in place.

Thx for the update,I just wished that they would have told me that.
    They had me thinking that my ph was jacked..So we wait until they get it resolved?

Thx for the update,I just wished that they would have told me that.
    They had me thinking that my ph was jacked..So we wait until they get it resolved?
    No problem. Depends on who you're talking to. All we can do is wait if you want the "official" update from AT&T.

AT&T
    Apple also has had there share of software problems as you know.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I think the best thing for me to do is just take the Gear watch back to best buy, not worry about upgrading software because other than the gear watch not working, everything else is fine. sick of dealing with At&T. Liars.

May want to see is Best Buy can update your ph.
    According to Samsung they have the means to do it.

May want to see is Best Buy can update your ph.
    According to Samsung they have the means to do it.
    Your AT&T store should be able to update both. I'm just too lazy to go to the store.

Stopped in a ATT store today and the rep I talked too said he had not heard of any issues... Blamed Samsung for the issue and then look at his computer and said that ATT is going to release 4.4 in January for the S4. I was really!!!(not sure I believe him) The 2nd rep when asked by the rep working with me chimed in that he had issues updating to 4.3 also. So their final answer was to wait it out....

If 4.4 was coming in January, it'd have already leaked. I call Bull****.

Sent while enjoying a Pabst

Quote Originally Posted by seaham358 View Post
    Stopped in a ATT store today and the rep I talked too said he had not heard of any issues... Blamed Samsung for the issue and then look at his computer and said that ATT is going to release 4.4 in January for the S4. I was really!!!(not sure I believe him) The 2nd rep when asked by the rep working with me chimed in that he had issues updating to 4.3 also. So their final answer was to wait it out....
    A store rep has no access to that type of information. Neither do the reps on the social media platforms. Just forget what the person said.

Quote Originally Posted by randun View Post
    Your AT&T store should be able to update both. I'm just too lazy to go to the store.

Update to my post. I was informed last night by AT&T that since my problem (& apparently most others) appears to be device/network related, the store would be unable to perform the update. True/untrue, I don't trust store personnel to tinker with my phone.

ROM
    OEM

Quote Originally Posted by randun View Post
    Update to my post. I was informed last night by AT&T that since my problem (& apparently most others) appears to be device/network related, the store would be unable to perform the update. True/untrue, I don't trust store personnel to tinker with my phone.

sad, but true. I will continue to buy Samsung devices but no more at&t branded for me. every other carrier has updated their products with very little hiccups.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast