Contacts show up when I create a new text message, but they are not in the contact list.

Malystryx

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I just got my new S4 a few days ago, and I'm still working on getting everything working how I'd like it. It seems like google pulled all of the contacts I've ever emailed with my GMail account and put them on the phone somehow. I have no idea how to delete them. When I create a new text and click the add contact button, they show up (at least 500+ contacts). However, when I go to the contacts button from the home screen, only the contacts I've added manually show up. Any idea how to delete the extra contacts? Thanks

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the ones that are showing up are on the phone itself. You can choose what is displayed via settings in your contacts app. Should be while in Contacts hit menu then there should be an option for contacts to be viewed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

rsweat1

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. Does anyone know how to delete them. I can't find them in my normal contacts. Bunch of stuff from craigslist. I never text on craigslist. But it is not only that site, this is text spam that is attaching itself to my contacts. How do I clean it out.

mklucz

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I had the same situation. I turned on the sync contacts from my email account and after sync process ran turned it off. In order to be able to delete those email contacts I had to change the display settings. In 'Contacts', use the function key and open 'Display Options', expand the email account and turn on 'View Contacts'. When you save the settings and return to 'Contacts' all will appear and the emaill contacts can then be deleted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power