WIFI problem Part 2
I have a WiFi router in my home, great signal, no problems with computer or tablet use. The router is encrypted and needs a password to access WiFi signal. When I go to the WiFi setting on the phone the "connect" box is "grayed" out...only the "cancel" box works. I can access my neighbors WifFi because he does not have it encrypted but I don't want to do that. How can I get my S4 to use my home WiFi system if the phone won't let me type in my router password? Anybody???? Help!!!
- 12-10-2013, 12:39 PM #2
Re: WIFI problem Part 2
Go to Settings/Wi-Fi,, long press your home network, and Forget Network. Then try connecting again--is it still greyed out?
Do you know what security protocol your router is set to (i.e., WPA, WP2, WEP, etc.)? If WPA or WPA2, you might try switching from AES to TKIP, or vice-versa.
- 12-11-2013, 07:19 PM #5
- By Robodude in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 12-12-2013, 09:52 AM
- By TyroneBil in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 12-11-2013, 11:59 PM
- By mojofusion in forum Moto XReplies: 5Last Post: 12-10-2013, 04:29 PM
- By serpentxx in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 12-10-2013, 05:31 AM
- By jonboyscum05 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 12-10-2013, 12:29 AM