Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockman59
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WIFI problem Part 2

I have a WiFi router in my home, great signal, no problems with computer or tablet use. The router is encrypted and needs a password to access WiFi signal. When I go to the WiFi setting on the phone the "connect" box is "grayed" out...only the "cancel" box works. I can access my neighbors WifFi because he does not have it encrypted but I don't want to do that. How can I get my S4 to use my home WiFi system if the phone won't let me type in my router password? Anybody???? Help!!!

Default Re: WIFI problem Part 2

Go to Settings/Wi-Fi,, long press your home network, and Forget Network. Then try connecting again--is it still greyed out?

Do you know what security protocol your router is set to (i.e., WPA, WP2, WEP, etc.)? If WPA or WPA2, you might try switching from AES to TKIP, or vice-versa.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Did the long press....still greyed out. My router is set for WP2 security....I'll see if I have the other settings you suggested. Thanks.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My Linksys E1000 router does not offer AES or TKIP......now what???

Is it set for WPA2-Personal, or Mixed WPA/WPA2? In my experience, the mixed setting (which, according to your , is the default) doesn't work that well. If you're on WPA2-Personal, try changing it to WPA-Personal. If that doesn't work, you could try WEP, although this is the least secure.

You may want to disable security altogether as a test, to see if your phone can connect. If so, then you know security is part of the problem.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Finally found the answer to getting the WiFi on my S4 to function. Here it is:
    B. Diddy likes this.