Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Matt_Zenick
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Stays Lit

When my phone is plugged in at night and I receive a text message or the battery is fully charged, the screen lights up and won't turn back off. How can I set it to turn off after the regular time out has passed?

Default Re: Screen Stays Lit

Quote Originally Posted by adamelio24 View Post
    When my phone is plugged in at night and I receive a text message or the battery is fully charged, the screen lights up and won't turn back off. How can I set it to turn off after the regular time out has passed?
    go to settings, go to development tools and turn off stay awake
    If I helped hit that thanks button
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by adamelio24 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Let us know how Matt's suggestion works.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Do you have developer settings turned on? There's an option in that menu to keep the screen on when plugged in, I think.

If that's not it, have you rebooted lately? I find that often fixes little glitches like this.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

if you dont have developer settings on you can turn it on like this Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
    Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number." (Your build number may vary from ours here.)
    Tap it very rapidly. Keep on tapping, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings.
    If I helped hit that thanks button
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Oh my gosh!!!!!! Thank you so much!! I can't tell you how annoying that was. I really appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Zenick View Post
    if you dont have developer settings on you can turn it on like this Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
    Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number." (Your build number may vary from ours here.)
    Tap it very rapidly. Keep on tapping, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings.
    Thanks this really helped!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts

I was noticing the same issue. I turned off screen awake.
    Q: Should I turn Off Developer options?

Also, does screen awake need to be On when using a desktop charger as it keeps the calendar visible?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    Banned

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I always lock the phone I got tired of it so when I rooted I disabled it with exposed frame work rooting isn't for everyone but for me no root no phone been rooted on every device since the snap dragon 1 gig single core and gorilla glass came out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app